Aloha From Hawaii...

oggfueler

It's been a while since I've rode anything on two wheels but a couple of friends have stirred up the feelings again. Though the plan is to go trail riding, I've been looking to try out trials. Hopefully with some avid weekend riding and a new diet/workout, I can regain some of my old form... it's hard to stay in shape behind a desk, lol. I'll be posting questions here and there and would appreciate any input you seasoned riders could offer an old dog looking to learn some new tricks.

Kawika

I'm over on Maui... riding my desk... would much rather be riding a bike though.

Don't inhale too much Vog Andy, lol.

Was in Maui in 2003 and suffering from serious envy here! Beautiful island and fantastic people. Hope to get back there some day.

There is a trials shop on Kauai as I understand it. I remember seeing these guys having pictures and stuff. Set up a dream trials resort and I am there!

Here is their contact info.

Aloha Trials Shop

Clayton O****a

eight o eight 822 2706

eight o eight 822 2706

Kapaa HI 96746

aloha.trials at verizon.net

--Biff

There is a trials shop on Kauai as I understand it. I remember seeing these guys having pictures and stuff. Set up a dream trials resort and I am there!

Here is their contact info.

Aloha Trials Shop

Clayton O****a

eight o eight 822 2706

eight o eight 822 2706

Kapaa HI 96746

aloha.trials at verizon.net

--Biff

hahahahah automatic curse word protection... I was trying to figure out why the **** showed up... woops.

--Biff

Now that is funny about the swear filter... I had to think twice, lol.

I called up Clay earlier this weeek and we talked for a while about a new ride... he was very helpful and gave some good insight seeing as he is riding the same terrain I look to be riding.

It's all about scraping up funds now... dang economy.

I had found on the internet site called "trialsmaui.com" that rented trials bikes and had packages for multiple days. I then booked a trip to Maui and will be there on October 27th until November 6th this year. Unfortuantely, the trialsmaui.com site no longer works and I have not been able to get any reply, which tells me they are no longer in buisness. I'm still going to be there and would love to finda way to do some trials riding there, but can't fit my bike in the suitcase :thumbup: I also have just gotten back into off road riding at the age of 53, am in my second year of competing and loving it.

I had found on the internet site called "trialsmaui.com" that rented trials bikes and had packages for multiple days. I then booked a trip to Maui and will be there on October 27th until November 6th this year. Unfortuantely, the trialsmaui.com site no longer works and I have not been able to get any reply, which tells me they are no longer in buisness. I'm still going to be there and would love to finda way to do some trials riding there, but can't fit my bike in the suitcase :crying: I also have just gotten back into off road riding at the age of 53, am in my second year of competing and loving it.

Hey bro... give Clayton a call... the number posted still works... even though he lives on Kauai he knows a couple of guys on Maui that may be able to accommodate you.

Best of luck to you... enjoy your stay be safe and have a good one. :thumbup:

Hi there! I used to know a few trials riders from Hawaii back in the day. Wondering if the names John Domke or Steve Hamber ring a bell to you...

Steve

Can't say that I do Steve. I'm a newbie to the trials world but I hope to have a nice lengthy stay.

Who knows... maybe one day I'll run into one of the two fellows mentioned... and by "run into" I mean meet. :thumbup: