Sense At Last

dixie

Yeah , what Dabster said - why will No Stop bring in spectators? :rolleyes:

Don't you find watching a rider standing still building up his confidence boring, I know I do.

Equally when they have got the section that tiny bit too long so every rider just goes for a deliberate 3 just to get through on time, I could maybe watch one rider do this but when they all do it it's boring.

I was watching a video of that French street trial the other day, the race (individually timed run, not head to head) in that was interesting and enjoyable to watch as they were keeping the bike moving all the time but I think racing on such severe obstacles is extremely dangerous and not really in the true spirit of trials riding.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right enough then, the whole thing is broken? If there is nothing worthwhile at this level then why bother to change anything? Lets tell all the riders they had better ride a gate trial or there's no championship? I understand that ragas petition has most names on it so what would happen if it were a gate trial?

I am not saying its perfect what we have but its not completely useless either. there are some issues that need to be addressed, and my argument is that no stop or stop, we need to look at ways of encouraging greater participation at this moment or at least the next few years. How do we get riders like Ross and Sam haslam and lee sampson to get to a stage where they can ride the top route, or at least carry on with the juniors like to 25 or summat.

Would gate or no stop do this?

I think they do need to do some serious testing and try come up with a way more can ride the sections, I can see Bou going for more of the gates and loosing a dab, then a rider like Haslam or Conner taking a couple of gates they feel secure riding and getting a better score in some sections, this alone should encourage more to ride, but at the end of the day, the best rider will still win the majority of the time.

None of this will have any affect on what I ride, and I don't see much chance of the US using anything other than what they have now.

I also think riders in the UK having the choice to ride stop or no stop wasn't a big problem, they rode what they preferred, but will it all change because they can't stick with one set of rules at the FIM?.

When you say gate trials is a big enough game to be a different sport, world championship trials isn't like the sport I ride now anyway, would that be a bad thing ?.