Txt 280 Edition Carb

bowershall

Hi bowershall,

Try one of the Scottish GG dealers, or White Bros in Darlington.

But.....why do you need a new carb, they usually last for years.

Try the classifieds as there may be a rider who has fitted a Keihin carb and has their old DellOrto for sale.

Bye, PeterB.

I like Peter's idea, but if you want to replace the PBHL new, then Dellorto UK has an online presence and can order from them if you know your jetting. Otherwise, your dealer can get them for you and set it up for local conditions.

Hi

Found the Webcon website.

Prices seem reasonable for new carbs. Are there any markings I can note on the carb and or jets?

Is there any benefit, for a new rider, in reducing the carb size to inprove low end performance?

Sorry for all the questions, but as you can gather I'm new to trials.

Gordon

Hi

Found the Webcon website.

Prices seem reasonable for new carbs. Are there any markings I can note on the carb and or jets?

Is there any benefit, for a new rider, in reducing the carb size to inprove low end performance?

Sorry for all the questions, but as you can gather I'm new to trials.

Gordon

Gordon,

The 26PHBL will work fine for a new rider with your bike and you would probably have some difficulty, as a new Trials rider, sorting out a smaller carb and , in fact, the throttle response would be quicker (not good for beginners).

Get the stock type carb and we can help you get it set up and then give you some pointers as to how to soften the engines response so you can have an easier start in the learning process. The low-end rsponse possible with this bike is more than you need at the beginning (and will probably be too much, which is why you may want to tone it down).

"Sorry for all the questions"......not to worry, that's what this forum is mostly about.

Jon