Mota Riders Possible Play Day At Kjax House

kjax

Hey- I actually will have the Sherco done by next week! During that long dry spell I also picked up some new adjoining property. Lot's of very cool stuff to ride- rocks, logs, off cambers, water crossings. Most has never been ridden- but there are some existing sections. New sections invlove some clearing but lots of stuff that is ready to ride. The rock hill has only been ridden off camber/sidehill- no one with enough **** to try riding up it...yet. Joey where are you? If the water drops in my pond we'll have more sections, but lots of rain this summer has kept some of the sections under water all year. Thinking about Saturday Sept 5. MOTA guys chime and let me know if this is good day. If not we can move it.... For those who don't know I live near Oxford. PM or call me for address info.

Sounds fun but that is Labor Day weekend and we have plans. Not sure when we could fit it in as we have a lot of work to do at Whitmore Lake and have time set aside every weekend for that. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if it happens to pop up when we could go.

Craig

My Sherco is dead, (Fan motor gone and needs other normal wear bits) so no more events for me, I will be working the Bent Fenders event.

I have my trusty Honda TLR200 Reflex that I am playing on, but that is about it until next year.

Hope Ya'll have fun!!!

Next year I am gonna come back and just ROCK the MOTA events and place somewhere between last and first for the year. :D:lol:

What time are you thinking of riding...Morn or evening? I think my knee will allow me to do some light practicing now.

Hi Jim,

I'm thinking late morning thru the afternoon. Maybe a beverage or two afterwards???

A great time was had by all who attended. Jim and Joe took some tries at the big rock uphill- both said they would be back to try again. I'll try to post a few pics or maybe a video- Only pic I have on my camera is a finished pic of the old Sherco redone in blue and black. The idea came up to consider having a Scottish Gate Trials on the property for all MOTA (and others if interested) in 2010. Ideas?

1007.jpg

1002.jpg

Looks good Kieth, where did you get the graphics?

If you guys want to try a fun event, I'll try to get you a set to those Tommi Avahla gate trials rules, it is great fun for all it seems!

Cheers,

MC

Here:

Gate Trials Rules

TEXHOMA TRIALS CLUB

GATE TRIALS

COPMETITION RULES

Section 1:

Rider Entry:

All riders must wear approved riding helmets and safety gear

Rider Classes

Cadet, Rookie, Women, Novice, Amateur, Senior, Amateur, Intermediate, Expert, Sr. Expert, Master

Conduct

Riders will conduct themselves in a sportsman like conduct at all times

Section 2:

Section setup:

Sections are to be set with white ribbon on right and left side

Section can be all ride or set for Morning and afternoon riders

A start card must signify the beginning of each section

Sections must be numbered

Gate setup:

There will be a 3 gate system consisting of

5 point gate

10 point gate

15 point gate

Gates are to be at least 2 to 4 feet wide minimum

Gates are to be clearly marked with the point rating of the gate

If at all possible, there should be an equal number of gates for each point level within each section

Section 3:

Competition Scoring

Riders will receive 30 bonus points for entering a section

For up to 3 dabs rider will loose 10 points for each dab. After 3rd dab rider will not loose any points for any additional dabs

Any rider may ride any gate they wish

Rider will gain points by riding through a marked gate

All gate points will be kept track of by section judge

Gates are one way and cannot be ridden backwards

Rider cannot cross their track with both wheels

Rider must complete gate by crossing plain of gate with both front and rear axle

Rider starts section when front axle crosses plain of start gate

Riders completes section when front axle clears plain of end gate

Winners will be determined by high score in each class.

Edited by copemech

Hey Cope,

Thanks for input. If you have anymore details I am interested. The Gate Trial concept sounds like fun. I suppose scoring will take a bit of getting use to. I would think that the longer the section is, the better it would be, right?

Here is the email for Matt or Angela at Express signs in the UK. They have been great to work with- although I am having them do a second set done on heavier vinyl as we speak. The standard thickness they use is a bit thin and can be tough to apply with good results- also won't hold up as well. Lots of cool designs for various bikes. I found them on E-bay UK, but they appear to have no listings currently on e-bay.

express-signs@btconnect.com

Hey Cope,

Thanks for input. If you have anymore details I am interested. The Gate Trial concept sounds like fun. I suppose scoring will take a bit of getting use to. I would think that the longer the section is, the better it would be, right?

Here is the email for Matt or Angela at Express signs in the UK. They have been great to work with- although I am having them do a second set done on heavier vinyl as we speak. The standard thickness they use is a bit thin and can be tough to apply with good results- also won't hold up as well. Lots of cool designs for various bikes. I found them on E-bay UK, but they appear to have no listings currently on e-bay.

express-signs@btconnect.com

Yea, we had some good fun with this type event on a small level, club ride. Of course the big challenge for the advanced riders is to make all the gates and pick up all the points! Easy gates for lower class riders can transit to very difficult to transition to the next for a upper class rider to gain points! Those that want to pick up all gates can have a real challenge if you put about two of each in a section. So you subtract dabs, then add the gates , unless you 5 the section, BUST! Fun for all, challenge for all!

I think we did have to do some creative punching on standard cards to keep up with this, say you run 5 sections 3 times, easier I think to just make cards with 5 sections , change every loop, mark them, then do the math, as winners may have 3-400 points!

So an Inter. rider starts with 30, does an easy 5 gate, takes a 10 gate but cannot get to the exit without taking two dabs=25