I Fell Off Today And...

orange250

I fell off today and the throttle housing turned, I went to tighten it and looks like the nut has pulled through the plastic so it wont. I guess I cant get away with just a throttle top, so how do I know if it was a fast or slow throttle? Also am I better going for a slow if I dont find out?

I also caught my knee on the fuel cap and broke of the breather. I tried to get out what was in there so I could maybe put a new one in - but its broke clean and I even tried putting a self taper in to pull it out with no luck. Does this mean a whole new cap then?

I was only trying to practise :D

Edited by Orange250

Is it a Domino throttle?

Peel back the hand grip and check what colour the throttle tube is!

If it is white you have a 'fast' one

If it is black you have a 'slow' one

All the components are interchangable so you could get the oposite to what you have now and then you try both see which you prefer.

Is it a Domino throttle?

Peel back the hand grip and check what colour the throttle tube is!

If it is white you have a 'fast' one

If it is black you have a 'slow' one

All the components are interchangable so you could get the oposite to what you have now and then you try both see which you prefer.

Thanks, its a Domino and its white.

Edited by Orange250

i broke the breather nipple on my 05 gasser in the same way yours has gone , i drilled the hole out a bit and threaded a grease nipple in, put the breather pipe on there, seems to work okay

A 90 degree nipple should work fine, provided you removed the spring/ball one-way valve where the gun tip would ordinarily attach. Otherwise, you are running a "non breathing" breather and this could cause problems up the road, especially with the seals.

Jon