Gasgas 04 Strange Revs Noise

lian

My mate asked me put this here and ask your advice.

He have GasGas04 txt 280. After one usual ride we took our bikes again next day and gasgas start making strange noises while revs are come down.

We thought it may be clutch basket rotating in dissonance but inside it looks good, nothing is not loose. I see gasgas clutch system 1st time and i suspect that hex-nut bolt inside in center of clutch basket keeping whole basket screwed in?

He thought it can be something with gearbox, but i don't see any signs - gears switches good up and down. What else?

This video with noise helps to understand my question. It hears more right side from engine.

Edited by Lian

• 2 weeks later...

200 pounds!! f* s**t..!

Can i extract engine just removing skid plate? Or i need pull out it from the frame's center, taking out radiator, fan and other?

Engine prop to rear fork by 2 clips (i think..) do i need remove swingarm?

Thank you.

200 pounds!! f* s**t..!

Can i extract engine just removing skid plate? Or i need pull out it from the frame's center, taking out radiator, fan and other?

Engine prop to rear fork by 2 clips (i think..) do i need remove swingarm?

Thank you.

2 clips and it will drop right out on the ground, done! Caveman could do it!

I removed my engine with out removing the skid pan. remove all bolts, chain and hoses then lift and twist. As for this noise can you be moer descriptive? I made this

which explains some noises in the lower end. With the transmission having several gear transitions the noises that are there are normal in some cases due to the slack between gears. Here is a bit of explanation on the power flow in the trans. If you have true lower end damage then you usually have piston or cylinder damage.

--Biff