348 (51m) Restoration

zulu

18092009426.jpg18092009430.jpg18092009424.jpg18092009425.jpg18092009423.jpgThis is it - 18mths down the road and far to much money invested, the end is in sight. A complete stripdown restoration-engine/gearbox every nut / bolt and seal i could find as been either replaced or reconditioned. She has matching engine and frame numbers, new stainess steel spokes and nipples original rims. Unfortuntley the `Hydrobag` rear shocks were beyond repair so new period `Falcons` were fitted. New electrical loom made, waiting for headlight surround to come back from the chrome people. Will post the completed photos soon. I am on the look-out for a new oject once the 348 has been sold.

Just checked the writing on the shocks and it looks ok however if someone can confirm this it woud be greatly appreciated - and yes that is a Jack Russel and if anyone has an original set of handelbars the dog is yours ...

Just checked the writing on the shocks and it looks ok however if someone can confirm this it woud be greatly appreciated - and yes that is a Jack Russel and if anyone has an original set of handelbars the dog is yours ...

My dog is better than a burglar alarm, would'nt swap him even for original bars.

B40RT i have do doubt as to your dogs security skills however i bet your security alarm has never eaten 2 inner tubes or had relieved itself in the workshop (on a regular basis).. regarding the rear silencer i have the original, but the WES sounds fantastic. I also have the original sales brochure / tool kit and owners manual.

B40RT i have do doubt as to your dogs security skills however i bet your security alarm has never eaten 2 inner tubes or had relieved itself in the workshop (on a regular basis).. regarding the rear silencer i have the original, but the WES sounds fantastic. I also have the original sales brochure / tool kit and owners manual.

Your right, he never has relieved himself in the workshop. However, he has eaten two gear lever knobs (oo er) in the car along with the hand brake cover, the indicator stalk and a rear seat belt. I'm thinking on fitting a WES to dog.