Family Youth Camp At Ttc

newmomtotrials

My son started in trials this year and I am thinking of letting him go down for the camp and the championship. Just wondering what to expect....

Also how easy/hard it is to get onsite lodging (if I send him and his dad and leave with the vehicle....)

worth the 18hr drive?

Thanks

Edited by newmomtotrials

This is a difficult question from mom's pov.

There are cabins on site if arranged well in advance, along with a central shower facility(s). Some food may be available on site, burgers and such.

There is also camping area.

The "C" store is down the road a few miles. The town is further. May be 8-10 miles to the decent hotel and grub and 3 more to the Walmart!

Bottom line, you probably need a car to go into town or hotel unless you are well prepared(not)!

But the other side of the question ... Well worth the 18hr drive , And your son and hubby will have the time of their lives ...

A fantastic venue and some of the nicest people you can find on the planet .

But I wouldn't want to be there for a week without a way to get into town...

If you could pack a street legal bike along ,that would be about perfect. Then you could leave them with no worries .

Glenn

Thanks for the warning but too late!

He would spend every second of his waking day riding. Just had to get his beta 50 rear wheel modified to keep him from spinning his tire flat!

Dad just bought one so he can keep up with him. :-)

He has me checking scheduals for next year and is a little disapointed things are done for the year.

He only did 2 mini trials this fall, but has the bug bad!

Many folks stay in Jasper or Kimball, you can find a place to leave bikes and such on site and just come back in the AM, not a prob. There are a full range of decent hotels available, and good food. All within probably 15 min from the site.

Thanks for the offer Brian R. I'm glad to see the niceness and generosity of trials folk goes beyond our local club. :-)

WOW 2,000 miles, guess I can't complain about 1200.....

I'm thinking maybe I can talk someone in the club into drving down with them (if I provide the gas and cabin....someone is bound to go).

That way I'll just drive down for the competition. (though it sounds like a great time!)

Edited by newmomtotrials