Montesa Future And The Ssdt

davh

That is such an excellellent short story Martin, and I think very complentary.

One thing that does come to mind might be the availability of rental bikes(or lack of) for those that might want to cross the pond for the event.

Seems they did offer a very respectable deal for the week on a new and reliable bike. This could be lost now, and I hate to see that.

All said, something tells me we have not seen the last of Sandifords, or Martin, as they are great folks it seems, and I do hope this dedication shall not be lost.

Cheers to you, Martin!

:icon_salut:

Caz contacted me this morning regarding this post, not requesting that it be deleted, but to say that she was upset by it. She's obviously now replied, but I'd add that in my dealings with Sandifords, they have never been anything less than the consummate professionals.

Not only that, but Sandiford's have been a long term supporter of this site - since day one in fact, and have invested in TC over the years which has helped me greatly in keeping it free for all to access and Caz has helped me greatly with my SSDT accomodation for the past few years when I was too disorganised to sort it myself. Okay, it cost me a few glasses of wine (money well spent!), but she was happy to help and went out of her way to sort me out - something she didn't have to do. I believe the SSDT Paddock is going to be a poorer place without a Sandifords presence :icon_salut:

No person, let alone a business, is perfect.

For example, in the past I've had a large parts importer in the USA a bit less than helpful. Yet the last time several times the same people have been great.

I teach skiing, and I'm the same way--- not always perfect. I do try to catch myself when I drop below par.

In a way the negative comment has come full circle.

It's never worth getting too upset about comments on the internet, as any stroll around youtube will show.

On that note I'm gona pop in a SSDT DVD and dream about the day I can make it.

Edited by uhoh7

Martin, your post made me smile.. and brought back some memories... Obvioulsy I was only a child :icon_salut: ... but I remember Dad (and Bill) telling me they didn't succeed

in teaching you how to drink Stella... apparently it was a good job you were a Trials Rider .. coz you were rubbish at drinking !!

Thanks for the message... VERY much appreciated. Having been through the Montesa times as well, you more than most know the score !!

Caroline

Any news on the future of Montesa & 4RT production (separate to news on SSDT support & Sandifords)? Have heard different rumours about production moving from Spain to Italy or ceasing altogether. Also, any views on how this is likely to affect values of used bikes?