Transit Connect, Any Issues?

marky g

Only Driven one on Hire so cannot comment on reliability, however it is a Wide van. So much so That I felt I was a long way inside the cabin and had to look around the side of it. I have also driven the Combo which feels a lot less bulky. The Van also is over the weight limit for "Car derived vans" and so you are limited to running 10 mph below the limit on most roads. Combo 1.3cdti had a better engine and driving position but the Connect had a bigger "Box".

Last thing to mention is that it's built in Turkey and that does not inspire confidence in me. Leeds United fans may also have an issue with that.

I've had a long wheelbase van for nigh on 7 years and have done 136000 miles in it from new.

Major problems have been a new injector pump at 112OOO, a starter motor at 126000, an alternator at 130000. It's had a hardish life, used every day for business and weekends for trials.

Running gear has been trouble free, just one ball joint, though the rear brakes grind a bit occasionally but every time they are looked at there's nothing wrong.

But I would buy another without any question because it's absolutely ideal for me and my sport.

Done 70k on an 09 plate no problems yet.

A cardboard box with wheel's would handle the road better than the connect,the front window pilars are very wide can obscure sight like when coming up to roundabout's this make's the van very hard to drive at time's.Apart from those few point's the van is passable.

Edited by bilc0

Cheers guys, didn't know they were made in Turkey :wub: , still couldn't be any worse than LDV vans that were made in the UK :icon_salut: .

I did think about a full size transit over the connect but I'm not sure yet......I've just recently got rid on a Vauxhall combo, great on fuel but a little small for what I want.

Good to hear the reliability is good, my mate has an 02 plate Mondeo, nothing but trouble with the engine so far, I was wondering if it was the same lump???.

Cheers once again guys.

Cheers guys, didn't know they were made in Turkey :wub: , still couldn't be any worse than LDV vans that were made in the UK :icon_salut: .

I did think about a full size transit over the connect but I'm not sure yet......I've just recently got rid on a Vauxhall combo, great on fuel but a little small for what I want.

Good to hear the reliability is good, my mate has an 02 plate Mondeo, nothing but trouble with the engine so far, I was wondering if it was the same lump???.

Cheers once again guys.

I'd do a bit more research regarding engine reliability if i were you. I was led to believe that injector pumps give trouble and the debris from that can go down the rail and bugger the injectors, which is the same as Mondeo's do.

Edited by TRICKYMICKY