What Mods Do You Do To Make A 2008 Lighter

1sherco1

ive got a 2008 sherco and it tires me out when i hop ive put a titanim pipe on the made it a litle eiaser on the front and ohlins shock on the rear and wondering if any one has done any other modifications to make it lighter cheers

Practice more! Loose some weight! They run hand in hand! :thumbup: Hopping is not easy!

Your timing needs to be correct! Actually if you find an old bike like a Techno or an old 315 Mont, it will make the Sherco feel like a feather when you get back on!

Did you trash your stock shocker? I may want it! :(

Edited by copemech

I second that. :thumbup:

I reckon the average person could lose more body weight than one could possibly loose off of a bike.

The only other suggestion I can think of is a 2010 bash plate.....but it won't be worth the investment :(

Best of weighted balance.

Neo

Use your knees instead of shoulders and arms when hopping the front.

With front and rear, back off damping slightly and increase preload spring. I still use the standard rear shock, and doing this makes the bike feel nearly half as light again.

But you have to get use to the extra spring when riding normaly.

I use the standard factory settings on the front of my 08 and it feels really light.

Only put enough fuel in for what you need. If you return to the start area after each lap, only put enough fuel in for one lap. Take the side stand off. If you ride when it is muddy, scrape off the excess mud between sections or whenever it starts to build up.

• 2 weeks later...

hey,

you should use the engine power when hopping, use your clutch when you hop,

when you get this technic you can hop the front and rear on an ariel so weight is no problem

i ride my honda tlr like this in modern trials and it works fine it weighs 90 kg but hopping it without clutch is very heavy work

check how good riders in your area use the clutch when they hop the bike, timing is very important

regards bob