Rear Rims

andy198712

Which tubeless tyre are you thinking of running on a KTM - enduro/motocross tyres are tubed and the tubeless ones they were experimenting with are completely different from trials type.

It's usually only the Pirelli MT43 that riders use on enduro bikes and that is tubed. It's a hard enough compund/construction to put up with the abuse an enduro motor will give it. The tubeless trials tyres are modern soft construction and I would think they'd be shredded in minutes on an enduro bike.

A rim lock isn't required on tubeless rims and once you've drilled the rim to fit one you're going to have to fit a tube as it will no longer seal....

this is where i'll raise a few eye brows......

my ktm was a 450 exc, now its 540.... but i use X11 rears on it i get partworn cheap.....they actually last well, drift a bit on the road, but never loose grip!!!

thats what i thought about a rimlock....

so can any rim be tube less if you install the right tape and seal it well..? or is partly down to the shape and the lip ect?

cheers for the reply mate, i havnt really found many places selling just rims...

Yeah it does tend to peel off the knobbles, but not till its 2 thirds worn which is good time to change anyway... I prefere them to enduro tyres as they spin up too much.

Cheers for the info there, are any makes softer then others? I'll count my spokes tomorro to make sure I get it right but cheers for the heads up there!

The rim on my txt270 takes a lot of hits and isn't dented, was quite suprised tbh, but I guess its a light bike too.

Once again thanks very much :thumbup:

Is it wrong I wanted to anodise the rim before fitting :(

For the website

"so it holds the tire firmly and makes the sidewalls stay upright and absorb the full impact, unlike bending and deflection you get with conventional tubes."

Does this not suggest it doesn't aid grip? It the side wall resists deflection what's the benifit of running low pressures. We could all run zero pressure and use solid rubber tyres.

when the guys ride the natterejack BEC round (in the sand in Hampshire) they have to use trials tyres, most seam to go for the MT43, although i have herd that guy up north have used Dunlops in hard events, so maybe that's worth trying. most guys have been very dismissive/scare stories of using Michelin and IRC on enduro bikes. They actually get a mousses in them and sometimes pack them with old tubes too!