Bennets V The Bike Insurer

the addict

Quick online quote for Gerty, TPFT 69 quid at Bennets, 88 quid the bike insurer but they promise to beat any online quote so good news that. I stopped using Bennets couple of years ago as they took the p*** price wise but this is much better, worth ten mins on the net getting quotes

I found LV very reasonable and the only exclusion is 'speed trials' which doesn't matter to me as I'm too old for the Scott! Makes me wonder if any of these companies know what a trial is. Seems daft that the likes of Bennetts are happy to cover me if I was foolish enough to ride through the centre of London in the rush hour, but not while I'm puttering down the lanes of The Cotswolds or Herefordshire on a Sunday morning!

as both of these are brokers, you may actually end up being insured by the same company, but with a lower/higher level of service.

check for things like excess, this is a favorite of online quotes, it appears to be a cheaper policy, but the excess maybe several hundred pounds more (even into thousands!) check legal protection, do you need it? have you got it on another policy? is there bike hire included? great for road bikes but who wants to do a trial on a chinese 125 'ditch master'.

in short, ask what your getting for the money, not many people do, just presuming that all insurance is the same. trust me its not!

Hi, Bennetts do not cover for road work during trials, and neither do Carol Nash, even though they both target the offroad market, which I think is outrageous. I paid them the premium for two years , having initially been told by the broker that offroad cover was included, only to find that it wasn't. I think you will find that the only people who offer true, legal competition cover is the one organized through the ACU in the last year. I can't remember who that insurer is but it should be on ACU website and they are reasonably priced too. Hope this helps.

Hi, Bennetts do not cover for road work during trials, and neither do Carol Nash, even though they both target the offroad market, which I think is outrageous. I paid them the premium for two years , having initially been told by the broker that offroad cover was included, only to find that it wasn't. I think you will find that the only people who offer true, legal competition cover is the one organized through the ACU in the last year. I can't remember who that insurer is but it should be on ACU website and they are reasonably priced too. Hope this helps.

I renewed my bike insurance today and Carol Nash told me quite clearly that I would be insured on the road between the competitive parts of the event. I asked them to double check and they came back and said yes, I will be covered.

Incidentally, they were also the cheapest so I would have gone with them anyway.

I ride in about five road trials per year, if I have to pay the ACU's extra