'96 Beta Techno 250 Questions :)

stevew4130

I've just bought a '96 Techno 250 and I'm just figuring it out! The clutch drags but the great posts on here have pointed me in the right direction with that!

With regards to the brake disks, are the disks themselves floating? The disks look 'loose' to me but the previous owner says it's normal??

What gearbox oil is recommended and how much is normally required? What's the best oil to use also?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Edit - Just found out it's a '96 Model with the Orange and Grey colour scheme.

Edited by SteveW4130

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello i just sold my 99 techno if you take the oil out and take clutch cover off and take clutch plates out scuff the plates up with sand paper and put back then use the thinest oil or car atf you can get it in 5l tubs from halfords for 22 pound then you can change it more often every 5 hours of use :thumbup: this should help you aswell http://www.trialsport.com.au/beta/documents.htm brake discsshould move about and the techno takes about 400ml of oil hope this helps

Edited by matt_urban

:thumbup: Thanks guys! The disks do move but as I have no base experience to start from I'm not sure! It's certainly not excessive though..

Do I need any special tools to remove the clutch plates? I'm not overly familiar with bikes I'm more used to my race car!!

Thanks again

Steve

Gday, the only "special" tool you need for any work is a flywheel puller. You may never even need that. Anything else including the clutch is simple -just your basic metric stuff will cover that job. Square that away and you should have a trouble free time with the Techno.

Cheers,

Stork

a lot of the engine parts are the same they have changed a few bits but not much the rear sus is totally different on the rev 3 but the forks are not much different if your after beta parts john lampkins is the best fastest place 01535655970 has all the parts in stock and post is normaly 1-2 days :D

OK, here she is!

DSCF1052.jpg

She needs a bit of work but I've found nothing too major so far. Its my first trials bike (first motorbike really as I'd always just rode my mates!)

I've already started stripping bits down to give a real good clean and some TLC, there is movement in the swing arm as you'd expect from an older bike and I've now pinpointed it down the bearings in the connecting rod not the actual swing arm..

Does anyone know the bearing numbers I need for the connecting arm and the rod? My dad can get bearings through work so I can get them cheap. Do the bushes/spacers wear or am I alright to just replace the bearings?

Thanks

Steve

Bike looks good :blink:

I did all myn i got them from beta myn was a mess all the shafts the lot 90 quid :) was in a rush to do myn ready for a trial that weekend but if your shafts are good a bearing shop should be able to get the bearings for you there needle rollers should be listed on the parts list code might be in the part number

Edited by matt_urban