Gas Gas Kickstart

andat

You know when you think it will only take five minutes....Had a bit of a problem with the clutch on my 09 250 Raga at the weekend It disengages but the lever is not coming fully back to the bars before it stops. I can hear a knock coming from the clutch case each time the lever reaches the stop, so I decided to whip the clutch out last night to have a look. My god, how hard can it be to remove a kickstart off the shaft (bearing in mind its been off two or three times in the last 6 months). I simply can't get it to shift and I'm frightened to death of prising it off what with magnesium casings and all. Any one got any ideas???

I learnt a little trick from the guys at Gas Gas in the USA! GG-USA Video 7 - the clutch!

Loosen the screw a couple of turns so it's protruding from the KS, swing the KS out to the start position and it should push against the screw holding it on and hopefully lever itself off the shaft. Brilliant and works every time!

Edited by manx2day

Loosen the screw a couple of turns so it's protruding from the KS, swing the KS out to the start position and it should push against the screw holding it on and hopefully lever itself off the shaft. Brilliant and works every time!

Spot on.. works every time. No need for any special tool.

I learnt a little trick from the guys at Gas Gas in the USA! GG-USA Video 7 - the clutch!

Worked a treat, never even bothered with the puller. As a matter of interest, the clutch problem was immediately diagnosed: the central allen screw in the bowels of the clutch basket had worked loose and was fouling on the clutch actuating piston thingy preventing full travel at the lever end (hence the knocking). So what turned out to be a two hour job on Monday night turned into a 5 minute job on Tuesday night. Cheers.