Buying A Gasgas Txt 50 Boy 2005

firebladepully

Hi all,

My brother is currently looking at buying a GasGas TXT 50 Boy for his little lad for xmas. He has approached a few people who deal with them and all are giving different feedback on them, some disagreeing with others with what problems are apparant with them or is known to happen :blink: .

Can anyone help shed a bit more light and info on this bike? :)

Kind regards,

Paul

Hello Paul

My views based on a 2003 machine.

I bought one of these for my lad back in 2003. I bought it from new (whilst living in Spain) and received it in its original (Chinese!!) packing as received by GasGas. This led me to believe that these bikes were being manufactured in China and went a long way to explain the generally poor quality of most things on the bike. The bike would not start from new which was down to a distorted reed block which meant the reeds never properly sealed. When this was replaced the bike started ok but was never a 'first kick' machine. There was quite a bit of corrosion on most of the chrome parts after only a few months use despite being kept clean, dry and oiled.

My view...a great little bike but way over priced and poor quality manufacture.

All this aside my son loved it, it rode really well and he won lots of D class trials on it and even showed some youngsters on full size machines a thing or 2.

Andy

I have an 07 boy and its brilliant, a smaller than full size machine with all the standard ajp etc bits on it. Even a full size airbox. Pretty sure its made in spain with a moto morino motor, needs a weight on tho for a learner.

I think you may find that yours is a cadet, the boy is the semi auto thingy.

Thanks guys for the input :)

From what i have found out, apparantly some of them had issues with the electrics, more to do with the igniton/timing side of things.

Anyway he has bought it, so hopefully all is well with it and his little lad has fun on xmas day. :blink:

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by Firebladepully

the other piece of fun will the carb; its not perfect on the 50cc and fitting a larger one may help with performance. I chose a Beta 50 over the Gas Gas because of build quality and reliability (ie not having to start it with a drill). The Gas Gas has advantages (ie clutch and two gears), but Beta will (hopefully) be more useable.

the other piece of fun will the carb; its not perfect on the 50cc and fitting a larger one may help with performance. I chose a Beta 50 over the Gas Gas because of build quality and reliability (ie not having to start it with a drill). The Gas Gas has advantages (ie clutch and two gears), but Beta will (hopefully) be more useable.

The Auto Beta is pretty poor as a proper trials bike, ok as a field bike maybe :biggrinsanta:

The GG 50 Boy is far superior and with revised gearing can do some pretty amazing things for such a small bike :thumbup: