Evo 4t Silencer?

benbeta23

Hi,

there seems to be a problem with the silencer on my dad's 2010 300 4T evo, if you give it a little thump on the carbon protector you can hear it rattle, sounds like tubes are bashing together inside it, got the silencer replaced then tried it & the noise stopped, got it back home, started it up then it was doing it again with a brand new silencer fitted. the old silencer was still making the noise when it was off the bike, it's a sort of noise what you would hear when say the baffles are loose inside. you can hear the noise when you rev the bike up & ride it about.

Any help would be really good,

Cheers,

Ben.

Edited by GasGasben

Before they gave you a new one, it should have been taken apart. Chances are it is a easy fix of one end just being loose. It is the type of noise that will drive you crazy while riding. It could be missing the rubber at the outlet end.

They are sending the old one back to the factory to see what has gone wrong with it.

Just had my exhaust replaced on my 2010 250 evo 2t. It started rattling so re packed it but had no joy so took it off the bike and gave it a shake, it sounded like a baffle had came loose in the main exhaust body. Spoke to Beta Uk and they had a replacement sent out within 24 hours! Jobs a goodin no rattle!

Just had my exhaust replaced on my 2010 250 evo 2t. It started rattling so re packed it but had no joy so took it off the bike and gave it a shake, it sounded like a baffle had came loose in the main exhaust body. Spoke to Beta Uk and they had a replacement sent out within 24 hours! Jobs a goodin no rattle!

Sounds exactly like ours was doing, only trouble was, got a replacement & it was exactly the same.

I have 09 250 beta 4t and 2010 300 4t had no probs with silencer on the 09 but the 2010 is rattling like a bag of nails ,I am awaiting new rear silencer from BVM now 6 weeks apparently lampkins are out of rear boxes at present as this has been a common problem with the 2010 4t ....

I have 09 250 beta 4t and 2010 300 4t had no probs with silencer on the 09 but the 2010 is rattling like a bag of nails ,I am awaiting new rear silencer from BVM now 6 weeks apparently lampkins are out of rear boxes at present as this has been a common problem with the 2010 4t ....

Cheers for that reply mate, 6 weeks is a long while, our new one came from italy & only took around 2 weeks.

• 1 month later...

Well at long last after the second replacement on the evo 300 no qustions asked on replaceing it again & what a diffarance this time the engine has never run this good since new the torque curves are totally differant, it revs a lot higher & better on fuel, love to have the old one to strip to see were they have gone wrong, shame that they are sealed units they have to go back on warranty :rolleyes: theres always an answer its just a case of knowing.