Sherco Swing Arm

thebatt

Hi there my son was out practising on Sunday in the snow & ice.

He has a 08 Sherco 125. When we got home I was washing his bike to find the swinging arm had snapped just in front of the rear brake anchor point on the right hand side. This was a clean brake no signs of discolouring at all. I was just wondering if any one else has had this problem & will it weld or is it best to get a replacement swing arm.

Edited by TheBatt

Ummmm, I have never seen one break, yet I can can not think of a reason the things could not be welded by a properly trained TIG welder using the the proper high strength filler rod. Best I can tell there is nothing special about the arm itself.

I rould recommend seeking a cretified aircraft welder if possible, or another specialty master welder. :rolleyes:

Hi there my son was out practising on Sunday in the snow & ice.

He has a 08 Sherco 125. When we got home I was washing his bike to find the swinging arm had snapped just in front of the rear brake anchor point on the right hand side. This was a clean brake no signs of discolouring at all. I was just wondering if any one else has had this problem & will it weld or is it best to get a replacement swing arm.

Any chance of pictures?

Should be weldable though depending on the state of it, like Mark said, best off finding some kind of speciality welder to do the job!