Boot Care

shercoman2k8

Got some new boots yesterday after months of riding around in shot boots, as they weren't cheap I'm obviously trying to prolong the life of them by as much as possible. Few questions for you!

Best way to clean them? Fine brush and hosepipe alright? I guess I shouldnt use chemicals on them?

Best way to dry insides without drying out the outer material?

Aftercare - Dubbing all over, working as much into the stitching whilst still moist, yeah? Maybe best to do this before drying, then go over quickly after again?

Donts;

Guessing not to put them on or near the boiler or wood burner to dry?

No chemicals?

Dont leave mud on there when possible, our mud is peaty acidic crap :rolleyes:

Do's;

Please add/remove from both lists, and give me much advice as possible please.

Boots are the White Gaerne Balance Classics, like the oiled leather but made from Lorica instead.

g-wh-sil_002.jpg

Any and all advice appreciated please!

Thanks,

Jamie

Got some new boots yesterday after months of riding around in shot boots, as they weren't cheap I'm obviously trying to prolong the life of them by as much as possible. Few questions for you!

Best way to clean them? Fine brush and hosepipe alright? I guess I shouldnt use chemicals on them?

Best way to dry insides without drying out the outer material?

Aftercare - Dubbing all over, working as much into the stitching whilst still moist, yeah? Maybe best to do this before drying, then go over quickly after again?

Donts;

Guessing not to put them on or near the boiler or wood burner to dry?

No chemicals?

Dont leave mud on there when possible, our mud is peaty acidic crap :rolleyes:

Do's;

Please add/remove from both lists, and give me much advice as possible please.

Boots are the White Gaerne Balance Classics, like the oiled leather but made from Lorica instead.

g-wh-sil_002.jpg

Any and all advice appreciated please!

Thanks,

Jamie

Now ya got it, taught me a thing or two ta boot.

When you have finished all of that, leave them on their sides like when they arrived in the box, otherwise they sag forward from the ankle area.

Also, observers love riders who wear white boots, makes it much easier to see when you put your feet down (unless it is snowing)

When you have finished all of that, leave them on their sides like when they arrived in the box, otherwise they sag forward from the ankle area.

Also, observers love riders who wear white boots, makes it much easier to see when you put your feet down (unless it is snowing)

Would never of thought of that! Thanks.

No worries there then, keep feeling like we'll never see the end of this damn snow!