Diadora Mud

caddabs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Hi Guy's

Well after being promised a pair of "SuperDuper" trial boots, just like his, by my good old bruv. Just before I desperately needed a pair,(and I was a bit crafty, as I had already bought a pair of Askews, as a stand by). He dumped a pair of "Diadora Muds" at my feet still with the address from a Geeser that had sold them to him, off of e-Bay. Well I was disgruntled to say the least, and refused to even look at the boots for over a month, Then one morning it was really wet, and I had the duty to walk the dog across our vast estate,well a couple of fields!! so with me wellies in the other car, I forced my self to step into this pair of boots.

Urm. nice fit I thought, and the toggles are easy to use, I bet the ble*ders leak, cos most trials boots do.Well I was jumping into puddles just like a kid to test the theroy. But they would not let in water. And do you know the more I have warn them the more comfy they get. Now they may not be proper trials boots, but you try taking these off of me now. The Askews are sat dejected in the corner of the back kitchen, just hoping for a outing.And I am still priming the Bruv for the pair of "SuperDupers" he promised me.But would not probably wear them.

Regards Charlie

Love mine too, and also use them for walking the mutt.

i have on a couple of occasions found that when riding, i have tried to adjust my foot position on the footrest to find that my foot wouldnt move, due to the sole being caught on the peg, this has caused me to lose balance and dab uneccesarily. its happened twice (that my story - honest) ^_^ but otherwise at my level, until i get better, a good boot, and keeps you nice and dry walking the furry friend too. :thumbup:

Love mine too, and also use them for walking the mutt.

i have on a couple of occasions found that when riding, i have tried to adjust my foot position on the footrest to find that my foot wouldnt move, due to the sole being caught on the peg, this has caused me to lose balance and dab uneccesarily. its happened twice (that my story - honest) ^_^ but otherwise at my level, until i get better, a good boot, and keeps you nice and dry walking the furry friend too. :thumbup:

You probably have some of the fancy footpegs on the bike! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just cleaned my Diadora Mud boots and noticed that I have lost 3 of the black screws that hold the front edge of the buckle to the boot. Anyone know here I can get spares from the these boots? I'd guess that they are the same as the stone 3's buckets too.

Tried ebay and google so far. Thanks.

Edited by JohnnyDudeUK

Hi Guy's

Yea, thanks for that Johny, must check and see if I have a screw loose!!!!

My Boots just keep on getting more comfortable, I have doped them with saddle oil a couple of times, and they have started to take on a new retro look, that could become fashionable. One thing I might say is that we should find out if, when they eventually die, we can replace them with the same. Are they making another batch?

Regards Charlie.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guy's

My "Mud's" are half a size bigger than my shoes, and are realy-realy comfy with just one pair of socks. I have worn them evry day in the snow,for the past ten days,and they have kept my feet warm as toast. I even wore them out to dinner and said that they were the New trendy fashion item. I just hope I can get another pair when the ones I wear on a daily basis eventualy wear out?

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guy's

My "Mud's" are half a size bigger than my shoes, and are realy-realy comfy with just one pair of socks. I have worn them evry day in the snow,for the past ten days,and they have kept my feet warm as toast. I even wore them out to dinner and said that they were the New trendy fashion item. I just hope I can get another pair when the ones I wear on a daily basis eventualy wear out?

Regards Charlie.

Hi Charlie unless you want a pair of size 9, got three pairs left, i'm afraid you will be out of luck. The boots were the fantastic price they were because they were a job lot of a superceeded design that the importers brought in. Once sizes sold out that was it never to be replaced. Shame really as they were a super seller and i wish i could buy another dozen in the popular sizes.

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Hi Guy's

Hi OTF.

Mine would be a size 10.

Why do manufacturers do this? It must have cost them a fortune to design the boots in the first place, and then when they sell well, pull the plug! It makes no sense to me at all. To be honest the boots could have been priced a lot higher, well the same as the trials boots anyway?

The boots were placed in the wrong marketplace, to my mind, Why ATV boots? surely some market research was done by the company, in the first place?

These boots are just brilliant for walking in, and could have easily been targeted at the Country Set, and shooting brigade.

But I would use um as trials boots any-day.

Regards Charlie.

Slight word of warning. i have just noticed mine have split in the same place on both boots. Its in the area that creases over your big toe, just behind the rubber toe protector. starting to open up and crack. i have been rubbing wax into them and hope i have stopped it getting any worse, but may be worth making sure this area is nice and soft. :icon_salut: