Tl125 Parts Help Or Suggestions

fred1956

I'm restoring a 1974 TL125 Honda for my girlfriend, this is her second one as her ex sold the first one. I need two more parts that are here but damaged the fuel petcock, Honda part # 16950-355-005 (which I found several listings on E-Bay, but they are in Thailand and Thailand makes me nervous for some reason. Plus I haven't been able to match part #'s up yet)) and the Air Cleaner tube, Honda part # 17253-355-000.

I've done all the Google searches and I'm dizzy from all the sites and numbers. It appears these two parts are no longer available BUT I'm hoping someone knows of a rebuilder or Honda dealer with NOS that may have them. Also it appears that this was a popular bike in the UK. My international experience is limited to selling a wakeboard to a guy in the Netherlands one time.

Thanks in advance

not sure from your post, as to which country you are in. But speaking to AP Motorcycles (who are in the UK) they have a US TL125 'spares' bike and are a good source of spares for popular US off-road bikes (TL125 more popular there than the UK even). Not sure of condition.

For original spares, the excellent (though not cheap) David Silver Spares have NOS Honda parts (incl TL, TLR parts) and they ship worldwide.

Ebay traders in Thailand are pretty good apparently. A recent M/c mechanics had a report about someone who restored a Cub 50 and bought spares from there with no problems. It's other things you need to be careful of in Thailand i y k w i m. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just read this post so ignore this if you have already sorted this out, I have ordered several parts from thialand including both the parts you have mentioned,for my TL.

The service has always been a lot quicker than they have stated, parts are good and well packed, Cheap too.

The air filter to carb rubber I ordered was for a CB125 but I took a chance and it fits great. and side cover fits ok.

Hope this helps if its not too late.

TLTEL

• 7 months later...

Judging from some recent parts I've gotten from my local OEM Honda dealer, Honda (in Japan) is apparently having some parts made in Thailand. The bags are marked as such.

You do need to watch out for the part #'s though. I have seen where they will list a part for many models of Honda bike when the part clearly does not match up to the OEM version. I purchased some rear signal lights for my TLR200 (actually no longer offered by Honda USA) and found they were very close to the OEM version but the threaded mounting shaft was shorter. I machined a new collar and it worked out fine.