How To Improve Rev3 250

rev3lee250

hi just bought a beta rev 3 250 2000 model was wondering if there are any ways to improve this bike i.e upgradable parts or any worth while modifications . and also any one know how much new stickers would be for it , and what oil should i be mixing with the super unleaded, i know its 2 stroke oil but is there any particular kind, or just normal two stroke oil thanks lee

on the upgrading note.. We now have V-Force 3 reed systems available for these bikes in stock , They improve the whole range of power linearly(sp)

with out taking away the nice smooth bottom end.. winrcs1@aol.com

isthe best way to contact me .. only other option is to buy a 270cc upgrade kit ..

on the decals ? well it depends on what you want .. b more specific when you email me ..!

I have most all of them in stock!

Thanks

Ron

Beta USA

on oils: Ipone Oils work excellent, we recommend Ipone Samouri 100% ester based synthetic mixing oils and Ipone BOX 2 100% Synthetic Transmission oils

Edited by Ron

Best changes I've made to my Rev-3 are installing a 32.5 pilot jet in place of the standard 30.0 (easier starting and completely cures the knocking under hard acceleration that some Betas seem to suffer from), clarkp's carb hose mod (cures the old Beta dribbly carb problem) and BillyT's float height mod (can't find the link at the mo but the details are here somewhere).

You might want to check to see if your bike has a flywheel wight installed. My 2003 270 came with the weight removed and while it was fun to ride like that I eventually saw sense, reinstalled it and my results have improved significantly!

rev3LEE250 - one of the best things you can do is just log time on it to get used to how it handles and how it makes its power. Other than that, all the suggestions from your friends here on the BETA forum are great - these guys know what they're talking about!

My only additional suggestion is, given the age of the machine, a fresh set of Michelins will do wonders - from a price / performance standpoint its some of the best money spent. DO NOT ignore your front tire. Lots of guys buy the back without a thought for the front tire. The Michelins (well, all high TPI casing tires w/ soft compound) suffer from sidewall stiffening after a while. Change the front every couple of years or so.

As a courtesy to the forum members, change your personal settings to show us where you're located.

Cheers!

Yep sound advice all!! :wacko:

Especially the tryre advice from clarkp Loads of guys here seem to never change their front tyre. if you ask my humble opinion..its REALLY good to have a newer front on...really helps to balance if the front tyre can grip well when you are stopping. :D Enjoy....great bikes!!!!! :D:D

I stuck the airbox, mudguard and rear subframes from the 2004 model on my 2000 Rev3. I hated the old airbox setup, and my rear mudguard was knackered. The newer design of airbox is much better as it makes air filter servicing much easier, and it is also more waterproof. The new mudguard was shiny too....

I stuck the airbox, mudguard and rear subframes from the 2004 model on my 2000 Rev3.  I hated  the old airbox setup, and my rear mudguard was knackered.  The newer design of airbox is much better as it makes air filter servicing much easier, and it is also more waterproof.  The new mudguard was shiny too....

Interesting that wayneg, I took a 2001 250 Rev3 in part exchange for my 125 Scorpa, quite liked the bike...a dealer mate of mine mentioned that the newer models had a better airbox setup.

I must admit it never leaked any water in at the last trial I rode, it was pretty deep at times too!.

At the moment the rev3 is up for sale cause I had chance to buy a SY250 at the right price (but dont tell the wife) if the Beta does not sell in a months time I'll probably keep it.

The airbox mod is one of the things I'd consider doing from a purely maintainance point of view, I presume you had to buy a new rear guard / new airbox / and a subframe.....is that it??

Sounds expensive! was it?

Cheers

mark

Edited by Marky G

• 2 weeks later...

The rear mudguard, subframes, airbox and air filter worked out to cost about NZ$400, although our local Beta distributor keeps his prices very low. You do need to remove some metal from the frame on the top rear shock pivot, and also move the rear muffler mount for everything to fit. I was lucky and had my brother's '04 bike to compare it to.

Guys

The carb adjustments and the hose attachment are all part of the same solutions that I had presented on this dribbiling problem several years ago.

Both are really required to eliminate the dribbiling. Clark helped document this process very well and for that I am gratefull.

BillyT