Aftermarket Footrests

g4321

What are the widths of the various aftermarket footrests that others are fitting to their TLR's?

I am in the process of widening my footrests (all extra width is being added to rear of footrest to give a small degree of moving centre of footrest back) and would like an indication 'how wide to go'.

The bike has a powder coated frame (done before I got it) so I dont want to cut-off the original mounts and re-weld alternative mounts.

If anyone requires a copy of the 200 & 250 manual I have a pdf they can borrow.

Happy new year by the way!

Edited by g4321

What are the widths of the various aftermarket footrests that others are fitting to their TLR's?

I am in the process of widening my footrests (all extra width is being added to rear of footrest to give a small degree of moving centre of  footrest back) and would like an indication 'how wide to go'.

The bike has a powder coated frame (done before I got it) so I dont want to cut-off the original mounts and re-weld alternative mounts.

If anyone requires a copy of the 200 & 250 manual I have a pdf they can borrow.

Happy new year by the way!

Honda XL trail bike foot rests fit straight on, think they are about

Thanks for the info guys

Honda XL trail bike foot rests fit straight on

What age XL Honda rests would fit?

I tried to get a set at the local breakers but they had nothing with wide enough mounts.

The "Control" footrests I use are 50mm at their widest point

I have bent up metal tonight to fit/widen the rests and should end up with approx 50mm wide footrests when I have them welded up. I have also prepared metal to widen the back brake lever to make this easier to catch with you foot in a tricky situation.

One thing to note if you do go about widening the footrests this way is that clearance between the footrest and swinging-arm when the footrest springs up is quite low on the gear change side of the bike and you can only widen the footrest over part of its length for this reason - copying the same pattern for both sides will not work.

Thanks Mick

I never thought of looking at Hondas that new.

If I had not made the extensions to weld onto my original rests already I would be very tempted (also I am mean and enjoy doing things the hard way!)

Can you post the part-nos- for others benefit in the future.

Gordon

No i think they are the standard ones. It is a 1985 model and the footrest have the same fixing in the manual book i have for it, also my mates tlr 200 has the same fixings. Hebo footrests did not sit at the right angle when i tried them and were to long they would need the backs cut off them

t-shock 250 - How are yours fixed or have you modified them?

• 1 year later...

I'm the guy who makes control footrests. Both Steel and ally. However both types are costing me more to make than I can sell them for; so I'm hopeing to have available for sale by first week in May what I think are the ultimate in design and cost. The first published view will be in the SSDT programme. I would be interested to hear "punters" views on wether I should supply full set of bushes bolts and springs ,this will add about

Hi g4321

Sorry cannot help with footrests as mine had already been done when i bought it.

A copy of that manual would be great though i have tried everyone !!

Plse send to paulwholesale@hotmail.com

Cheers

Paul

thanks for your thoughts mattylad.. if only you knew! Its the resellers who do the "marking up" In fairness they literally have to put this money on the shelf untill we (the punters) want to buy it. I can assure you I,m not in that ball game. You should note that it is two springs nuts and bolts and bushes. If you (Or anybody else out there) want to quote me less than

Chewey,

I'm glad you didnt take my comment the wrong way.

I agree retailers are the ones who really make the mark up which makes the bolt bloody expensive.

It all boils down to economy of scale for the little producer.