Over Revving

stephen1967

Hi , I have a Beta Rev 3 250cc (2005 ).Recently I took the carb off to clean it (not an easy job ! ).

When I have put it back together and started the bike it over revs,tried to turn the tick -over down with the two adjustment screws but it still over revs. Anybody know why my bike is doing this ?.Hopefully there is a simple solution but I don`t seem to be able to work it out myself. Your help would be much appreciated.

after refit, always check the slide is fully closed, hold your finger on the carb and twist throttle fully open and let go ! you should feel a metallic clunk on you finger, telling you the slide is closing. no racing engine speed! on startup

Also...........there is a hassle free way of removing carb.It doesn't have to be a pig.It is well described in the Beta forum.

Swap the air box/carb boot around so the larger end is to the carb, I also used to take the reed block spacer out, makes taking the carb off and sticking it back on a piece of p***