Ssdt Route

smallboy

Hi all

I will be visting the SSDT for the first time this year,due to the nature of the event the SSDT cannot help me with the following due to the route being kept a secret,which i totally understand.

I want to make sure i witness the riders go up the pipeline section,can anybody help me with the location and if they ride it more than once,if so whay days?Which of all the sections is a must see?i accept all,but as it is my first time i would like to see the toughest sections.

I ask this as i would like to book my hotal soon as can onlu go for 2 days.

Thank you in advance

David

Hi all

I will be visting the SSDT for the first time this year,due to the nature of the event the SSDT cannot help me with the following due to the route being kept a secret,which i totally understand.

I want to make sure i witness the riders go up the pipeline section,can anybody help me with the location and if they ride it more than once,if so whay days?Which of all the sections is a must see?i accept all,but as it is my first time i would like to see the toughest sections.

Thank you in advance

David

David - I think you'll find I've already replied to you...no secrets involved, Pipeline is always on the Saturday, and it's right behind the aluminium works at Kinlochleven. I've also explained that Friday / Saturday will be two good days for you because Friday goes round the peninsula with lots of spectator sections to choose from.

Much as we don't publish the routes until just before the trial, that's solely to stop riders practising illegally as far as we possibly can - we'll always help advising spectators on groups of sections that are watchable where possible, we're not going to be deliberately obstructive. We can't help much before mid-March because we don't know the routes ourselves until then (believe me, there's a huge amount of work goes into securing the ground that we need each year), and this year things are further complicated by the fact that chunks of our route are still under three feet of snow, but if we can tell you anything that helps, we will!

:wall:

Hi all

Thank you in advance

David

David,

I think you will hate it!... because you can only go for two days!

Trust me I had that problem when I was still at school (long time ago) and I could only see the weigh-in on the Sunday and the first day's action. I sat at school working out in my head where the first man would be and so it went on day after day for the whole week, until I went north to see the trial as it came south (in those days) back to Edinburgh.

But what you will see in the two days you are there is the best trial in the world :wall:

Best wishes,

Big John

David,

I think you will hate it!... because you can only go for two days!

Trust me I had that problem when I was still at school (long time ago) and I could only see the weigh-in on the Sunday and the first day's action. I sat at school working out in my head where the first man would be and so it went on day after day for the whole week, until I went north to see the trial as it came south (in those days) back to Edinburgh.

But what you will see in the two days you are there is the best trial in the world :wall:

Best wishes,

Big John

That's the age issue for you.....we could manage the weigh in, Monday and with any luck be back in the Fort by 7pm on the Friday. Exam years were the worst, trying to sit o'levels and highers when your mind was in Fort William or what ever groups of sections you would have been at that day. I do remember standing in the High Street comparing Arithmetic and Physics answers with a (now) Mrs Witham many years ago..... :wall:

That's the age issue for you.....we could manage the weigh in, Monday and with any luck be back in the Fort by 7pm on the Friday. Exam years were the worst, trying to sit o'levels and highers when your mind was in Fort William or what ever groups of sections you would have been at that day. I do remember standing in the High Street comparing Arithmetic and Physics answers with a (now) Mrs Witham many years ago..... :wall:

Is that Mark's mother or wife ?

I do remember standing in the High Street comparing Arithmetic and Physics answers with a (now) Mrs Witham many years ago..... :wall:

Aye right, you were trying to chat her up you mean... Arithmetic and Physics, that'll be right! :wall:

Big John

Is that Mark's mother or wife ?

You know better, she'll slap you...

Aye right, you were trying to chat her up you mean... Arithmetic and Physics, that'll be right! :wall:

Big John

I was too young and stupid to be thinking about burdz back then....late developer!!

Edited by Slapshot 3

Exams no problem. The trial went by my school and I could sit in the exam hall and hear it going past on the way to the Bridge. Or watch out the library window if revising and pick out such as Gordon Farley by the distinctive headgear.

Exams no problem. The trial went by my school and I could sit in the exam hall and hear it going past on the way to the Bridge. Or watch out the library window if revising and pick out such as Gordon Farley by the distinctive headgear.

You were indeed a lucky lad Peter!

I could only dream of the bikes passing my school!

Big John

So Slapshot, lot of snow still around, I think because it is still around the moor will not of soaked up as much water and could be good going this year.

What's the rain amounts compared to other years ?

• 2 weeks later...

They say the weather can change up there from one hour to the next.

Well it's consistantly been looking ****e for the past month, todays picture looks just like the one a few weeks old

post-3364-1269882027.jpg