Oil And Petrol Mix

shercojay

Well that's three different pieces of advice.

Probably best to stick to the manual. There is a massive difference between 60mls to 5L and 100mls to 5L.

That difference really depends on if you use mineral oil (at 50:1) or synthetic (at 100:1). Many of us have been using synthetic oils somewhere between 80:1 and 100:1 for many many years so you can't go far wrong with that.

Remember you are asking forum members for their opinion and everyone in the forum does their best to help......But if you don't trust the replies then what was the point of asking in the first place?

Best of balance.

Neo

That difference really depends on if you use mineral oil (at 50:1) or synthetic (at 100:1). Many of us have been using synthetic oils somewhere between 80:1 and 100:1 for many many years so you can't go far wrong with that.

Remember you are asking forum members for their opinion and everyone in the forum does their best to help......But if you don't trust the replies then what was the point of asking in the first place?

Best of balance.

Neo

I agree one should play it safe, which is why I stick to 80:1 rather than going to 100:1, although I have done it before.

I suppose that if every pro and expert rider here can run that ratio without fail, I can as well, although an occasional hard run down the road or up a mountain keeps some heat in the muff to keep things flowing.

Worst thing one can do is add too much oil then putt about all day. One must understand just how the excess oil lingers in the motor and exhaust to gain full appreciation. :)