Observers

chewy

I think we need to embrace modern technology and just play online. :P no long journeys, cleaning, repairs.

Why not give if short say two riders a free entry and let one observe whislt the other rides a lap then swaps for the next lap whilst wearing a bib to allow queue jumping. This is only a temp solution for on section.

I like me sport but would i go out in crappy weather and stand freezing watching, on the whole a boring thing to watch. NO

I also never take results for what they are as seen a few top boys get a 5 only to see it maked as a 1. A certain lady failed a section exactly the same as me on the Jackwood Kiwi some years ago, me 5 her 3.

I ride against me mates and we mark each other then amazed at the trial results some times.

That said if you do observer THANK YOU very much as i always say on me last lap.

Every observer has to put up with a bit of hassle at one time or another.

Why not go back to the score card with instant exclusion for asking what you dropped !

Seems a bit draconian I know, but I have personally seen virtually all the top (pre65) riders getting off with marks / 5's

purely because it would be to much of a hassle / spoil the observers day to give the correct mark.

I don't really expect any response to this by the way.

Talk amongst yourselves.

• 2 weeks later...

It astounds me by reading folks views on this matter that some are prepared to take and not give on this issue! If i want to take part properly, in that i mean with an observer present which means He/Her giving their time to stand and Help out on the Day then Surely it's only right that you take a turn!!! Our Club has the understanding that if you want to be part of the Championship, every Rider has to Observe one Trial that way the Scoring at the End of the Year is Fair and also ensuring the Years Championship will continue without too much trouble!! Though i can see the problem with a Trial that has a Larger turnout!

Every observer has to put up with a bit of hassle at one time or another.

Why not go back to the score card with instant exclusion for asking what you dropped !

Seems a bit draconian I know, but I have personally seen virtually all the top (pre65) riders getting off with marks / 5's

purely because it would be to much of a hassle / spoil the observers day to give the correct mark.

I don't really expect any response to this by the way.

why should any observer have to put up with a bit of hassle, NO observer should be given any hassle for doing this job, I for one am sick and tired of turning up at my clubs trials, after helping set them out, chasing around for observers and then having to give up my ride for everyone else's enjoyment, there are lots of riders who ride week in week out who would never think of picking up the board, but moan like hell when there isn't enough observers for the trial, i firmly believe that all riders should have to do the duty at least once a year, its a shame its not mandatory to get your ACU licence