2010 Beta Evo

westygas270

Hi all just woundering if anyone has upgraded the spring on there evo, seen white ones on saunders website, does this make a big difference? a weigh bout 11 and harf stone and seems fairly soft on back end, any help please people.

Also has any one had any troble or done a mod for water geting in egnition case ?? or is it case of drying off after every wash e.t.c ?

How many pounds is 11 1/2 stone? I installed the rear white spring and made up a front spring to match. My suspension works much better now, but i had to do alot of fiddling with oil viscosity in the fork and rear damper to get the suspension to work well. I weigh 250 lbs. How many stone is that?

My ignition will get water in it during washing. I remove the cover and let it dryout and spray the internals with a lite oil like WD40.

I just looked at the spring on saunders website. I think it is a different spring than the spring i purchased here in the states. The spring I have is more than 10% stiffer.

Edited by Liviob

How many pounds is 11 1/2 stone?.......... 14 lbs in a stone (we are dreadfully antiquated over here) 2.2lbs in a lilo (genuin mistake that should read Kilo.. a lilo is an inflatable beach bed/toy) I have fancied my suspension is a bit soft but as I do practically nothing heroic (big)and practically no hops or bounces etc. and soft suspension does a lot of work without being noticed if you know what I mean.

Hi all just woundering if anyone has upgraded the spring on there evo, seen white ones on saunders website, does this make a big difference? a weigh bout 11 and harf stone and seems fairly soft on back end, any help please people.

Also has any one had any troble or done a mod for water geting in egnition case ?? or is it case of drying off after every wash e.t.c ?

i got 1 from sxs . the bike was bottoming out before. i weigh 13 stone, well worth it. (there is 1 for sale in the classifieds for

As the title says 2010 evo, I would like to ask ,how are people finding the clutchs, mine is terrible, wont select gears if adjusted correctly at lever, have tried different oils, have had new steel plates fitted,not alot better, anyone, fitted surfex/apico plates?? , thinking about bleeding system, will that make any difference? as for suspension, have adjusted forks stiffer, done on adjusters, one turn on pre load side makes quite a difference, the rear is soft but am sticking ith it for now.

As the title says 2010 evo, I would like to ask ,how are people finding the clutchs, mine is terrible, wont select gears if adjusted correctly at lever, have tried different oils, have had new steel plates fitted,not alot better, anyone, fitted surfex/apico plates?? , thinking about bleeding system, will that make any difference? as for suspension, have adjusted forks stiffer, done on adjusters, one turn on pre load side makes quite a difference, the rear is soft but am sticking ith it for now.

Mine was the Same, read the Beta Clutch fix at the top of the page, follow all the steps, just done mine & is a lot better. But Odd times it still won't shift up gears though. The Beta Factory do a clutch kit for the Evo's, might be worth a shot. http://www.betamotor.com/en/trial/parts/kit-frizione-evo-2t.

Gears and clutch spot on on m9 just pain to get netural most of the time. Do find tho that the 290 evo seems to have to rev out more going up hills e.t.c than the 270 rev 3 i had seem to need 3rd alot more now , has anyone else noticed this ? has anyone alterd sprokets? lot of power there just seem to have to rev out more

I dont think sealing the ignition cover completely helps.I know there are some folk who even seal the top of the wires at the headstock to stop water running down like through a drain into the ignition.Water WILL get in.It only takes a second to take off the cover and let it dry out after cleaning it or riding.Hey Eddie L-those 13 Betas you had;how long you keep each one?

Mine was the Same, read the Beta Clutch fix at the top of the page, follow all the steps, just done mine & is a lot better. But Odd times it still won't shift up gears though. The Beta Factory do a clutch kit for the Evo's, might be worth a shot. http://www.betamotor.com/en/trial/parts/kit-frizione-evo-2t.

Does anyone know why there is a clutch kit availiable? There are many parts to the kit. Is the basket in the kit shaped different from the stock clutch basket?

Edited by Liviob

interesting they are selling clutch mod, why only 3 plates? had my basket and steel plates changed ,supplied by lamkins, free, admited there is a problem , basket is normal colour ,not colour in picture, hoping to reduce noise as well as improve clutch ,neither happened really. cant understand why there is a problem, the clutch looks the same as my old rev 3 , have also done clutch mod, improved rev3 no difference on evo,

has anyone tryed the new clutch mod?? please comment.