First Ever Trial !

cabby

Come Sunday I shall be competing in my first ever trial. Only just bought a bike a week ago and I'm all very nervous about it, so other than having a blast, what tips/advice do the massive have for me ??

Your right, you will be nervous! But everyone has to start somewhere, so just try to stay calm at the first section and don't go first........ wait till near the end so you can watch the other riders walk the section then observe which lines they take through it! After you ride the first one then the nerves will ease........ then it's time to enjoy!!! :thumbup: And make sure you have all what you will need on the Day too!

Full can of Premixed Petrol, Spare Plug and Key, Things to eat and plenty to Drink ( Water or Sugary drink, Not Whisky) Change of clothes, make sure that you have a Helmet and Boots that are the Proper kind, possibly Gloves! If you need tips on Tyre pressure or anything else on the Bike setup don't hesitate to ask anyone around you. Folks will be only be to Glad to help you out, just say that this is your first trial and i'm certain you will be looked after!!!!!

Try and enjoy it as much as you can. From my experience I used to enjoy the trials more after I had finished them when I first started. Meaning that they were hard work at the time but when you looked back they were great. Don't beat yourself up if you drop loads of marks and if in doubt take a safe big dab, better a one than a five. I think the saying also goes if you do dab make it count, meaning get as much out of it as you can. Good luck.

Where are you riding?

Don't worry about falling off in front of people. We all do it and no one cares.

Watch the lines people are taking and ask advice. People love to give advice.

Bring fuel for the bike and fuel for yourself.

Tyre pump and pressure gauge are useful.

Remember to have fun!

Good luck! :thumbup:

I've only done 2 trials so far and the 1st was hard work, really muddy and I was wearing too many clothes coz i thought i'd be cold, BIG mistake, bike trousers, T shirt and a waterproof are enough especially when you are puling yer bike out of holes all day. Didn't finish the 1st trial coz i was so knackered and began not to enjoy it, but i had been told just to do as much as i wanted.

2nd trial was much much better, really enjoyed it, got a few cleans and didn't come last, take any advice given, nobody seems to care what bike or gear you've got and lets you go at your own pace.

Absolutely bitten now!! can't wait for the next one - ps I've only ever ridden my bike twice - 1st time 1st trial, 2nd time 2nd trial.

Enjoy it!

Had a great day out, was really disappointed in myself after lap one, I was hopeless, far too nervous, not enough belief in myself, really felt I had let myself down. I have practised much harder sections and cleaned that some on the trial.

Lap 2 I felt better, if not for a couple of stoopid 5's I'd have scored better, lap 3 and 4 I was much more confident and scored arrordingly, but overall I have a long, long way to go, but really enjoyed it, and have another one this Sunday.

Only thing I am slightly puzzled with is other peoples scores, I not casting aspersions but some of the scores were very low for the "B" route, should these guys really be in doing that route ???

I've just got another bike and looking to get back into it again, after a break of a few years.......................but the thought of it makes me nervous

I think I'll start a Beginner's Trial and see how I get on

Start you're own topic then :rotfl: