2010 Txt Racing/standard

shercoman2k8

Planning a new bike soon, and a change from Sherco so getting myself a new Gas Gas, will be a 125.

Hopefully there will be some Txt Racing's left in the uk, but if not it will have to be the standard Txt edition... Just waiting for Nige @ Tuk to get back to me and i'll know :thumbup:

The Racing, what are the differences between this and the standard edition?

Does the standard come with the keihin carb, or for that matter, does the racing? I know the 300 does, but not sure about 125.

Anything to do when I get it?

Anything that should I keep an eye on whilst riding, upkeeping?

Anything I'll find completely different to the Sherco, riding posistion/style ect...

Any known problems?

Good points/bad points.

What are they like to work on compared to Sherco?

Anything atall please.

Regards,

Jamie

Edited by shercoman2k8

The Racing, what are the differences between this and the standard edition?

Does the standard come with the keihin carb, or for that matter, does the racing? I know the 300 does, but not sure about 125.

Jamie, yes it does. Have a look at the pics here: Gas Gas TXT 125 Racing gallery

Having not owned a Sherco I can't answer the rest of your questions however I can say you'll need to re-register on TC with a new user name :thumbup:

hey,

you could consider an 26 mm oko flatslide they are great cabs and very cheap, a 28 mm on a 125 makes it go very good in high revs but you loose bottom end

no problem if you ride a high level but if you ride a lot on lower revs you will feel the difference.

best regards

hey,

you could consider an 26 mm oko flatslide they are great cabs and very cheap, a 28 mm on a 125 makes it go very good in high revs but you loose bottom end

no problem if you ride a high level but if you ride a lot on lower revs you will feel the difference.

best regards

I have a keihin carb on my Sherco at the moment, the 28mm and it suits my riding perfectly. But the gasser is a different bike, so will ride it as standard for as long as possible, then consider one of the many upgrades :thumbup:

if you are used to a high reving bike it will not be a problem, i could not cope whit it (ride a sherco 320)

i stall 125' s all the time and find them very low on power in low revs but great fun at high revs, but i guess its just what you are used to.

best regards bob

• 2 weeks later...

Will make sure my iPhone is charged, and take pictures as soon as she is picked up from Trials Uk, then get the camera out once I've endured the 7 hour journey home. Going to feel like a lifetime with a new toy in the back :thumbup:

Took delivery of the last one in the UK this morning at 10 am, a 7 hour journey commenced to bring her home :wacko:

Had an hour or two on the bike as soon as she was home to begin the running in process, then into the workshop to fit my raptors (No need, as the bike had OMF pegs on it as standard, just prefer them) Going to setup the Ohlins rear shock tommorow as it is currently as stiff as a rock!

So far I've noticed, the bike grips amazingly on the "wet" timing setting, even with 7psi in the rear tyre and a solid shock, far from setup correctly. The power the bike has for a 125 is incredible, no need for the flatside carb just yet! Probably invest in the future however.

The bike is very very snappy on the dry setting, plenty of torque low down, will report further on power once run in properly.

Trials Uk have sealed the airbox and everything properly before I took delivery, and drilled a hole in the flywheel cover, just for drainage as like all bikes, pressure washing can force water past the seal.

Anybody got tips for setting up the ohlins, what to twist and where? Want it slightly bouncy, but still firm enough to not throw me everywhere. I weigh bang on 70kg.

More details once I've set her up properly, run her in and had a ride in the daytime, hard to tell much at this point.

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

I've got her dirty already :thumbup:

Regards, Jamie

So, fiddled with the shock this morning and managed to get it set properly. By god, the bikes amazing! The Ohlins suspension is really responsive, nice and bouncy when you want it to be but still absorbs all the bumps you throw at it without it flinging you off the pegs. Brilliant for finding grip!

Engine wise, there is plenty of torque below 1/2 throttle, yet nice and soft below 1/4, found this while running it in... So much power infact, that even now the bikes had the 6 hours reccomended run in, there is absoloutely no need to open it out. I've been pottering around with little throttle all day and it has been great, opened it out earlier on some big steps and I'm amazed at the top end power that the motor has, but even then, it's very controllable! Bike hasn't struggled for power atall all day, and not been too powerful and spinning like I used to find with the power on the Sherco, it was very hard to control.

Once the motor was run in, and the suspension tuned for my riding and body weight I tested it on a variety of sections. Muddy climbs, slippy burns, rivers, large rocky climbs, fiddly forest sections and my area of large steps, cliffs, rocks and dry climbs. Not once did the bike struggle for power or grip, even without too much effort. The pegs feel low and far back on the bike, it makes it extremely easy to get the weight over the rear without much effort. On the steps, the bike literally found its own way up with little or no effort from me. Although keeping me behaved, was another issue... I was having too much fun! Got a little over zealous, forgot to cover the brake, and zoink... Scratched fork slider graphic, and mudguard graphic... Threw me between the rock and the bike! Not a complaint in sight though on the bikes behalf, amazing :thumbup: Given me much more confidence...

Two handy features are the throttle bearing and the toothed skid plate! The throttle bearing makes the motion incredibly smooth, and makes applying precise amounts of power much easier than before. Probably would spend the extra on any bike just to have this!

The grooved/toothed skid plate is great for those moments when you dont quite make it up something, I missed a few steps earlier and was left dangling on the edges of a fair few, with a rather nice drop below me... Normally, where the Sherco would of slid backwards, and straight off the edge, this just grips and holds you in posistion to make corrections and pull yourself up. With the grooves/teeth being angled, you can slide forward and over the obstacle easily, but extremely hard to slide backwards, which is great! Also something I would definately invest in if available for other bikes. But I'm definately sticking Gas Gas for a while!

Feel free to ask questions!

Thats all for now, riding pictures when my photographer/mother is free :thumbup:

Regards,

Jamie