Montesa-honda Halt Production Of 4rt

marlintec

I don't think there isn't enough space to fit carb, the throttle house would to high and then you can't get the rear fender on.

I heard from my dealer here in Sweden that Amos Bilbao has ridden this bike for 2 years now and no problem with the injection sys. Besides I have read a statment on Keihin's homepage that Honda are going to fit this injection sys on all there smaller motorbikes, so the sys can't be that bad :)

I see on todo trial, fans of Montesa slagging the sherco carb setup and Sherco fans slagging Mont injection setup.

I have no fear about either setup, the injector provides better fuel economy and a system that can self adjust for altitude and climate conditions, most of it's applications are for a predictable throttle increase and decrease, cars and road bikes, these applications don't blip the throttle, shut off quickly then blip again, the CPU must wonder what the heck do you want me to do.

The Carb being mechanical doesn't have this problem, it doesn't have a brain, and just does what the brain riding the bike tells it, if your carb is setup correctly it will work as good as and in some situations better than an injector, also until the release of the Montesa 4rt was quite up to the job.

Soon we will be able to compare both applications and form our own opinion on which suits us best, I don't know which will end up being the most popular between the two systems for trials, but it's going to be fun finding out.

With respect , (to no-one) if you fire a motrorcyle up from dead cold and then proceed to rev it up and ride about straight off from starting ,then im afraid you deserve all the problems that you may have albeit carb or fuel injection!!

You cannot build any bike to be NUMPTY proof!! :)

With respect , (to no-one) if you fire a motrorcyle up from dead cold and then proceed to rev it up and ride about straight off from starting ,then im afraid you deserve all the problems that you may have albeit carb or fuel injection!!

You cannot build any bike to be NUMPTY proof!!    :)

well said , is this really normal practice amongst trials riders to rev the bike from cold :( , two or four stroke , new or old tech , and i thought trials was a thinking mans sport :o

The ECU sensor tests atmospheric pressure and if the Throttle is opened too soon is therefore not set correctly.

Sorry to be cynical but:

No doubt this is a minor issue but what would happen if someone blips the throttle or rides off straight after the bike is started from cold.

Lets face riders are human and how many of us obey the instructions laid down in the bike handbooks on starting/warming up by the letter .

What will happen 2 years down the line when the bikes have been sold on to a 2nd or 3rd owner and they dont read the instructions before starting the bike?

Are Honda (sorry Montesa) coming out with a revised ECU sensor on all future bikes & will this be retro-fitted to all current bikes if requested?

My brother had a KTM450SXS that didn't like being interfered with before being kicked up.

At the time it drew plenty of attention in the paddock, much like a 4RT does at the moment.

You would be amazed (or maybe not!) how many people came over for a 'look' and gave the throttle a quick twist.

Beware of 'lookers' 4RT guys...

Y.Pud , i have been quite amazed at the amount of folks i hardly know who have pulled along side me in a que for a section and just started to rev my bike and ask what it goes like !! :) A mate of mine had a husaberg 450 4t and if you touched the throttle on that when it was not running it was an absolute bitch to try and start!! He said the worst is when you are hill climbing and folks lean on the bike inbetween runs and blip the throttle while talking to you and then when it was his turn for his run he could never get the bl;oody thing going!! :( The monty has no such probs when not running.

But it does seem to be the thing to do?? im gonna try that next time on someones 2-stroke and see if i can try and blow theirs up and see how they like it :o

I always did the same with the scorpa 2t, kick her over and leave it ticking over for a minute or two while i put my lid and gloves on etc.

In your best Swiss Tony Voice now boys..........

Starting a bike is like making love to a beautiful woman, you fire her up then gently let her warm to the situation. Gently increase the intensity for a few minutes to let you thrash away like ........... (Sorry boys the rest is up to your own dirty minds..Mrs Slapshot)

she always spoils the best bits.... :)

dy

Edited by Slapshot 3

Its because in their previous life, if you wanted your bike to sound louder you had to peddle REALLY fast to make that piece of paper with clothes peg, on your back wheel sound louder.

Nowadays you just have to twist the grip on yer 125 so they're just making the most of it. :(:)

well said , is this really normal practice amongst trials riders to rev the bike from cold :( , two or four stroke , new or old tech , and i thought trials was a thinking mans sport ;)

Perhaps some have been influenced by their road biking bretheren. Ever been to a bike gathering in a pub carpark on a summer evening. Seems to be the done thing amongst a certain element of sportsbike rider when leaving the place, to start the bike up and immediately rev the tits off it in neutral bouncing the rev limiter to impress everyone :o takes years of practise and the level of skill required is beyond measure... :)