Single And Twin Map Compatability

jimmyl

Finally got round to getting a mate to copy my Laia Sains single map out of my PTB.

Would like to now put this into friends twin map PTB.

Is this map compatible. Are the early leads and original software compatible

If not can it be changed - ie file name etc

Or will it need to be rewritten in a new format.

I think this may have been asked before but didn't turn up much in searches I have tried.

Thanks

Edited by jimmyl

What software is needed to download to twin map PTB.

Does this need to be the 07 software or will 05 software and a converted file work. Does the the correct software have to be purchased through dealer or copies available to download

I have aquired 05 leads and software.

What is best adapter to go from USB to the serial port on the Honda interface leads

Any info appreciated

the 05 software does not have the ability to load 2 maps. save the map twice as that program can corrupt files .

serial port fine , most laptops dont have a port anymore ,so you will need a converter to usb

I've heard that the single map ECU is really better than the dual map, as there is more memory available work with for a more precise map. Is there any truth to this?

This is NOT true !!

Basically the the dual and single map files are equal. There is a little difference in the ROM of the ECU so also in the file you are uploading, thats why you need other software 05 settingstool for the single map and 07 settingstool for the dual map.

The lead is usable for both PTB's

Cheers Fantic

Just for info

Had 05 with Sains map for 3 years - did me really well and local boys who tried it thought better than a std map

Just got a 09 with dual PTB evidently set with the "Mild and Wild" combination.

I have to say after first week of riding 2 maps coud be termed flat and c**p.

Looking at typical profiles the sains maps is very progressive - the so called wild typically has spikes and peaks which can only confuse your right hand.

Will be interesting once I get 07 software and upload and download.

Anybody elses input welcome