Bike Transport With 1985 Toyota Mr2

zippy

sell the car and buy a traney van sorted

NO WAY!! That car is way too much fun,

Well,

Now that I changed the Timing belt my fun little street legal go kart is running again (better than ever now)

I placed the Sherco on the car, with the rear tire on the trunk and the front tire on the roof. Seemed like WAY too much stress and pressure would be on my roof. Especially because I have a sun roof, that glass just would not take it.

stkman Posted Today, 02:54 AM

http://www.towequipe.co.uk/products//pty61...coupe-8590.html for pre '90

Thanks for that link, now I know there are some made specific for that car.

I will have to scrap the funny looking bike on top of car idea and go with a more conventional trailer hitch. Will be checking out the MR2 Board for more tips info.

• 4 weeks later...

OK here is the final decision,

I now have the MR2 running totally SWEET!!!

I am going to leave it alone, no mounting racks on top or trailer hitches on the back.

It also helps that I just bought a decent used truck to replace the leased one that will be going back soon.

Isn't it funny how common sense prevails ...

Now get MR 2 to a autocross track and have some fun ...

Glenn B)

Wait a minute, wouldn't autocross cost me $$$$......................I know I would enjoy myself, but I am positive MRS. Zippy would be not amused. :crying:

Also truck is going to be used for many truck like things, firewood hauling, log positioning, ditch driving through, helping friends and relatives move (we never want to but you know it is going to happen if you own a truck), also can tow my MR2 the next time it decides to stop running <_<

Wait a minute, wouldn't autocross cost me $$$$......................I know I would enjoy myself, but I am positive MRS. Zippy would be not amused. <_<

Also truck is going to be used for many truck like things, firewood hauling, log positioning, ditch driving through, helping friends and relatives move (we never want to but you know it is going to happen if you own a truck), also can tow my MR2 the next time it decides to stop running B)

Gee, you could even put the bike in it! Not that I am one to talk much. :crying: