'09 Sherco Race 125, More Problems With Clutch!

gasgas4life

A while ago I posted a topic about clutch plates for my 09 sherco 125. We replace the plates because I was getting a strange juddering noise when holding the clutch on its biting point, this caused the bike to be very awkward to ride. We have changed both metals and friction plates and still getting the same problem!! Its hard to explain but basically the bike 'squeals' and judders when held on biting point.

Anyone know how this problem can be overcome?

Many Thanks.

A while ago I posted a topic about clutch plates for my 09 sherco 125. We replace the plates because I was getting a strange juddering noise when holding the clutch on its biting point, this caused the bike to be very awkward to ride. We have changed both metals and friction plates and still getting the same problem!! Its hard to explain but basically the bike 'squeals' and judders when held on biting point.

Anyone know how this problem can be overcome?

Many Thanks.

Is this at high rpm? What oil is in it?

which oil are you using ?

My 2007 did this when it was new but the problem went away when I changed the oil. I used to get the best results using standard 10/40 motor oil. This made the clutch a little slower but stopped the juddering.

you can use ATF but it makes the clutch too quick in my view.

is the clutch basket ok ?

The oil i use is Putoline light gear oil and have used it since new. I doubt it is the oil because loads of people i know have shercos and run this oil and have no trouble at all.

And it does it all the time, low and high rpm.

The oil i use is Putoline light gear oil and have used it since new. I doubt it is the oil because loads of people i know have shercos and run this oil and have no trouble at all.

And it does it all the time, low and high rpm.

I have heard clutch chatter and such in various bikes over time, particularly when revving them out to clear the motors and such. As far as one going at it with excessive chatter at even low revs sounds rather odd to me, and hard to try to totally evaluate without a good listen.

Most obvious things that come to mind would be uneven spring tension in the top plate or excessive wear grooves in the fingers of the basket where the plates contact causing an incomplete release and setting up the chatter. Worth a look, as the basket fingers can be filed smooth.

I cannot recall any other reports of this, so is all theory at this point.

Maybe others have thoughts to throw in? :rolleyes: