Scorpa S/ty 125 4t Or Yamaha Ty250 Mono

69model

Hi all,

Thinking about getting a trials bike next year. The little 4t Scorpa looks quite appealing, but I wonder how something like a TY250 mono would compare.

Reasons for considering both are: Price (

I had one of the first Scorpa TYS125's in the country - got it in late 2003 (2004 model) - what a great bike. Had it for 2 years and brought my riding on no end. Sold it for a Beta 200, then Scorpa 250 then Beta 250, but...................................., after a bit of looking came across my ideal bike and snapped it up straght away as they dont make them anymore - one of the last SY200F's (163cc) - loads more (controllable) power, grear suspension - and so simple !

for me, Scorpa every time.

cheers

John

Thanks for your replies. Scorpa it is then!

Actually - just as a comparison - can anybody give me an idea what sort of price a decent early SY250F would fetch? I'm guessing they're pretty rare as I haven't seen one for sale lately.

I had one of the first Scorpa TYS125's in the country - got it in late 2003 (2004 model) - what a great bike. Had it for 2 years and brought my riding on no end. Sold it for a Beta 200, then Scorpa 250 then Beta 250, but...................................., after a bit of looking came across my ideal bike and snapped it up straght away as they dont make them anymore - one of the last SY200F's (163cc) - loads more (controllable) power, grear suspension - and so simple !

for me, Scorpa every time.

cheers

John

I was toying with upgrading from the 125 to a 200 (163) but some say the 125 is easier to ride ?? Not tried a 200 as yet.