Bultaco Sherpa 340

duckwizard

Total B*****ks, the bultaco gearbox is one of the best trials boxes ever made, the 6 speeder was a development of the unburstable 5 speeder, and may have been slightly worse than very good, but never fragile.

I have used the same one in competiton for over 10 years and never had a problem with it.

At one stage I had 5 340's all with good gearboxes, 3 original unsplit cases.

hris if you must comment on everything please try to be a little more accurate.

I used mine for the Falcon twinshock series over a couple of years and then in the early days of the classic series never had a mechanical failure once. When did you last ride in a twinshock series?

THESE ARE EXCELLENT BIKES FOR TWINSHOCK COMPETITION, PARTS ARE READILY AVAILABLE AND NOT TO EXPENSIVE.

If anyone has any doubts please talk to Dave Renham at BULTACO UK now he does know what he is talking about.

Total B*****ks,

Nigel Dabster - or whatever your real name is try to remember that this is a discussion board where people post THEIR OPINIONS. lets face it not everyone agrees on the same things but EVERYONE is entitled to state their opinion .

You may not agree with the chap whose alias is Honda RS regarding Bultaco gearboxes but there is no reason to misscall the other person. - one of you has had good experiences with them and the other bad - does that mean he is the expert or you are the expert - try to remember that everyone is only stating their opinions.

Lets face it I agree with some of what you have put on this website and same with HondaRS, then again I dont agree with lots of what you both say.

Lets not have 'online' bickering - neither of you are primary schoolkids - I HOPE!

Edited by g4321

[i think the number of people actually riding these bikes in the ACU Classic rounds, with any degree of sucess, speaks for itself really! ]

HondaRS,

I think you will find that Anthony Rew from West of England club was British Classic Champion a couple of years ago on a 340 Bultaco and it was by no means trick.....or for that matter well prepared!!!

Martin

Edited by MartinM

"THESE ARE EXCELLENT BIKES FOR TWINSHOCK COMPETITION, PARTS ARE READILY AVAILABLE AND NOT TO EXPENSIVE"........ I think the number of people actually riding these bikes in the ACU Classic rounds, with any degree of sucess, speaks for itself really!

So you don't know about Nick shield doing very well on one in 2003 then?

You stand corrected again then ?

And how about answering the when did you last do a twinshock question?

[i think the number of people actually riding these bikes in the ACU Classic rounds, with any degree of sucess, speaks for itself really! ]

HondaRS,

I think you will find that Anthony Rew from West of England club was British Classic Champion a couple of years ago on a 340 Bultaco and it was by no means trick.....or for that matter well prepared!!!

Martin

Small world............

I grew up living about 150yds from Tony Rew's farm in Newton Abbot and he was a mean rider in the 70's & 80's and can still muster it, no doubt.

He could do things on a Bulto we could only marvel at.

He kept most of his older bikes, as he updated and used the older ones like the Bultaco's for rounding up his Dairy Cows, on an afternoon.

Bet there's quite a collection of his now, gathering dust.

Last saw him compete on a Fantic 303 in mid 80's

Johnny

He's still got a few Bulto's lying around.....many of which haven't been washed since you saw him last!

Still an excellent rider and very enthusiast clerk of the course for the "W of England" national. Was regularily winning on the 340 in the South Western Centre twinshock chapionship, but when I spoke to him on the phone a few months back he seems pretty tied up running the farm....which was preventing him from riding.

Martin

Johnny

He's still got a few Bulto's lying around.....many of which haven't been washed since you saw him last!

Still an excellent rider and very enthusiast clerk of the course for the "W of England" national. Was regularily winning on the 340 in the South Western Centre twinshock chapionship, but when I spoke to him on the phone a few months back he seems pretty tied up running the farm....which was preventing him from riding.

Martin

Sounds about right .............some of the older bikes always looked like farm machinery refugees.

Looks like you are wasting your time duckwizard.

yet another post hijacked.

If you guys want to talk about Tony Rews farm or the competitiveness (or not) of 340's, or thier gearbox fragility, click on "new post" and do it there. It has no relevance to whether or not anyone has a 340 for sale, what to look for, or any of the questions originally posted.

duckwazard

I,ve got one.

Its not for sale.

And its priceless. :(

There thats on topic.

Got to remember guys that some posters on this site have shall i say a "commercial interest" :) . Saying that perhaps they would like to "come out" and help Andy with some sponsorship and an advert?

how about it "Honda RS"

All opinions are relevant though it keeps the site alive.