First Problem. 2010 Gas Gas

shercoman2k8

Given what you say about problem suddenly appearing after initially running OK, I'd check out float needle valve seating for debris as suggested by others.

Doubt if float level is the problem unless you adjusted it after oil change. Personally, I'd leave off adjusting float level as it must have been OK in first place given description of problem.

Agree that good practice to shut off fuel tap however it shouldn't be necessary if carb working OK.

In past on numerous occassions I've forgotten to turn off fuel after trial... trailered bike home.. washed it ...run it to dry off without any starting problem... put away for several days and when came to use again fuel tap still open!!...fired up no problem.

Suppose this proves I've a cr*p memory and repeat same mistakes.

whilst not wanting to be pedantic.. you spend 4 grand on something and three weeks later it wont work.... and how do you fix it? a phone call to the seller would be my suggested alternative rather than spending more time ripping it apart than riding the thing..

whilst not wanting to be pedantic.. you spend 4 grand on something and three weeks later it wont work.... and how do you fix it? a phone call to the seller would be my suggested alternative rather than spending more time ripping it apart than riding the thing..

I agree.............................

Given what you say about problem suddenly appearing after initially running OK, I'd check out float needle valve seating for debris as suggested by others.

Doubt if float level is the problem unless you adjusted it after oil change. Personally, I'd leave off adjusting float level as it must have been OK in first place given description of problem.

Agree that good practice to shut off fuel tap however it shouldn't be necessary if carb working OK.

In past on numerous occassions I've forgotten to turn off fuel after trial... trailered bike home.. washed it ...run it to dry off without any starting problem... put away for several days and when came to use again fuel tap still open!!...fired up no problem.

Suppose this proves I've a cr*p memory and repeat same mistakes.

I will once again, remove the carb and give it another full clean. Thanks.

Nearer five :P Phonecall to the seller would do pretty much bugger all, put it down to trials wear and tear as quite often done, and then what? Another

I think I'm right in saying that any dealer can handle the warrantee claim for you. You don't need to go back to the one you bought it from. This is in European law.

Try phoning Garry at Highland Leisure Sport in Invergordon. That's not 400 miles away. You should have bought from him in the first place given how much support he gives to Scottish trials.

I think I'm right in saying that any dealer can handle the warrantee claim for you. You don't need to go back to the one you bought it from. This is in European law.

Try phoning Garry at Highland Leisure Sport in Invergordon. That's not 400 miles away. You should have bought from him in the first place given how much support he gives to Scottish trials.

Good point there Bigfoot. That is why I bought my bike local, cause if you get serious problems your dealer is close by. Also Garry is a good bloke so that helps a lot.

Here