Air Box Horror!

bhima

I must have done 10 hours now in my first week so went to clean filter only to find air box full of grit mud dust. Horror! Found 2 neat round holes far right side.

I went mad at dealer. He said this is where tail light wiring used to go?!?!

What shall I do now ?

No wiring goes through the airbox. That's BS. It's critical to seal the filter around the top of the box with some lithium grease. I'd be p****d (American definition not British definition) I suppose it's against TrialsCentral policy to tell us who this dealer is so they may be avoided.

He said that the wireing on All these goes through the air box. I said I was very surprised!!

Does it?? Do they all have tail lights from new?

The 2 holes were at back Of air box under the back mud gaurd so loads of grit got in!

Mmmmmmmmm what to do ?

Edited by bhima

Er wait a minute. Holes in the rubber mud guard? Yes that is where the tail light wires go through. They do not go through the airbox. Are the holes in the air box or just the mudguard?

The air box points back in a v-shape. The 2 holes are on the very tip on the right side of the air box.

The engine has taken alot of sand dirt grit the carb was pretty bad!

over reacting? just clean it and block the holes...get back to what you love doing...riding

I could not get the air box off as bolts were rusted in but I gave it a good wash in situ.

How do I clean the engine?

Do I need to change oil b4 I go out again?

I'm going to put silicon in the holes today and hope to ride tonight!

The air box points back in a v-shape. The 2 holes are on the very tip on the right side of the air box.

The engine has taken alot of sand dirt grit the carb was pretty bad!

lol most people put a dolop of silicone on there as most have a few small holes on the lip under the fender. not a lot gets in there really so if the filters clogged up id say it hasnt had any love for quite some time. you gota love the internet for the lynchings and half told stories lol