Tyre Comes Of Rim

gasgasshetland

Hi thre, this is my first time using the forum. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to keep the rear tyre on the rim of my 2006 280 pro. I had changed the tyre from having a tube in as the tyre was spinning on the rim and ripping the valve out, even with a rim lock!. So I have fitted a new tubeless tyre (Vee rubber) and fitted a new rim seal which has a valve fitted to it and a second valve to fill the hole from the rim lock. Went out for first try of the bike since fitting it and managed to take the tyre off the rim at one side following a landing slightly side ways from a small jump. I have had this happen to me before with my previous gasgas GT 25. Can anyone suggest a cure ie Can I get a tyre glue to glue it or what.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by gasgasshetland

This usually happens when the tyre is punctured or if the pressure is too low.

Dont go below 4psi

I dont know if Vee rubber tyres are any good, is it a tubless tyre ?

when you had a tube type tyre did you machine the rim to take off the tubless lip ?

if so you need a new rim.

how have you managed to fit a second valve ?

Thanks baldilocks for your reply. I havn't machined off the lip on the wheel and I fitted a second valve. I was using a little more pressure than I would normally, though I don't know what it was ( will need to get a low pressure gauge). Having gone and had a think about it more I am thinking that it may have been some silocon spray that had got on the bead area, as some was used in getting the new rim seal tape to bed in better.

I am going to pop tyre back off the rim and clean the beads to make sure they are free of silicone.

Thanks agin for your thoughts.

Edited by gasgasshetland

did you fit the tire your self? are you sure you are getting it on propperly? i have used vee ruber tires and never had this happen if you are getting it on rite and thats not the problem then you must be needing a new rim.

you should stick the rim lock back on it too that will help a little asumeing you get the tire on to the rim propperly.

Cheers to all who have replied to my query about the tyre coming off the rim. I am goint to try cleaning the rim and bead to make sure that there is no trace of silicone spry left on it and make sure I am not running at too low a pressure. I have used Vee rubber tyres before and not had any problems like this. Possibly just need to calm my riding style down a bit as well, but hey it's all [Trials and error!!

Thanks to all for suggestions, I will work through until I solve problem.

Getting back to your original question of 'glue' as a solution.

Years ago had problem with 'tyre creep' despite 2 security bolts on KTM300.

Problem solved by using Evostick (red tin type) to glue bead to rim.

Downside of this method is changing tyre at a later date - as the fix obviously makes 'bead breaking' harder.

Upside was problem solved for a couple of quid for 500ml of Evo.

david