Sheffield 2011

Asked Martin that very question in San Marino. Yes it's on, but I didn't ask date. Presume early January as usual. He didn't know at this stage if it would be part of World Indoor Championship or not.

I think the new tax laws won't be doing Martin any favours when it comes to persuading the stars to turn out for Sheffield.

I therefore offer my riding services at Raga rates minus 50% ....as long as there is an easy course marked out! :rolleyes:

Any idea on rider line up yet?

Bit like Wembley selling tickets for a football match but not telling you who's playing.

On the case. I believe all the top riders have signed up, but awaiting confirmation from Mr. Crosswaite. He does email even less than Mart does email! :agreed:

Any idea on rider line up yet?

Bit like Wembley selling tickets for a football match but not telling you who's playing.

Spoke to Neil this afternoon.

Confirmed: Bou, Raga, Fujinami.

Definites from a UK point of view: Lampkin, Dabill

To be confirmed: Cabestany, Fajardo

Also possibly other UK Wild card riders.

A lot of it is down to whether it is a world round and they have to comply with FIM regulations or whether they have freedom to run the event as they want.

The organisers must be confident then,selling tickets to people before even advertising the full line up of riders and events of the evening,by the sounds of past sheffiels they would be better off keeping it a non championship occasion.

The first indoor event of the year,perfect for the FIM to test there new rules on???

Spoke to Neil this afternoon.

Confirmed: Bou, Raga, Fujinami.

Definites from a UK point of view: Lampkin, Dabill

To be confirmed: Cabestany, Fajardo

Also possibly other UK Wild card riders.

A lot of it is down to whether it is a world round and they have to comply with FIM regulations or whether they have freedom to run the event as they want.

Thats good to know then, looks like a cracking line up and I'm sure that if it's World Champs that Cabes and Fajardo will be there! My 'guess' would be that if they are not yet confirmed then the FIM have still not decided on what it will be. That about right Andy??

Hope they get Danny Mac there this time too rather than just casually announcing on the night that he couldn't perform :agreed: