superhondaman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

think twins should be up in price,most have had hard lives, they deserve it...... but on a serious note twins are great starter bikes,like ty`s, fantics. think the new wave of 4rt`s are throwing prices upfor the like`s of the tlr`s rtl`s. have a tlm not bad money at present but would never sell. :(

• 1 year later...

Your right big john pre-65 bikes are now mostly cheat bikes nothing like when they came out of the factorys! i had a 62 greeves scottish a while ago (still wth the original rubber/torsion l/link forks) points ign, original exhaust, basic shocks, a true pre-65 machine!!! but sold it! whats the point competing against suff thats had hundreds if not thousands spent on it! cnc machined this and that, different forks,reedvalves, mukuni carbs ect, ect!!! on a diffrent note im amazed at the prices of honda trials bikes tlrs,tls,seeleys?

when compared to a decent 250/320 majesty it took me 2yrs find find my yam framed 250 majsety and when i did zoomed up to manchester on a sun night fom northampton to buy straght away? god forbid trying to find a godden framed majesty (not a chance!!! if anyone does there very very lucky?)

surley based on the above rarity majesty's should be fechting around the

I was working with a bloke earlier in the year and when I started to work with him he overheard me mention trials. He said I used to do a bit of trials years ago and he does Enduro now. He was doing up his barn and did not have a shed so his van was acting as a mobile shed, he said look here and no word of a lie slung in the van a Majesty, possibly early Godden he was not sure but I took a pic of it emailed to Pitley and he confirmed it 99%. Not running as it was run until it would run no more. Poss required a rebore etc. He doesn't want to sell though. It was one of the yellow ones? :bouncy::wall:

easy way to tell a godden frame from a yamaha converted is to look for the ty toolbox under the tank/top of engine frame rails! if the toolbox or space for it is there its a yamaha majesty, a godden wont have this present! i suppose the godden framed bikes are worth a bit more? i saw a fantastic chromed/godden framed majesty at the classic/twinshock show when it was first held at coventry it looked like a works bike!(anybody know it or who owns it? poss mick andrews? )

I decided to buy a Majesty and was lucky enough to find one of the last of the chromed Godden framed models. It had lain in a Paris Yamaha dealership for the last fifteen to twenty years after doing less than 500 miles and not too many trials. The price was Euros 4000, which at the time I thought was too much , but I paid up and got it home. Did I in fact pay over the odds ... Don t know ... Whether it increases in value who knows, who cares. An enjoyable investment .............