Twinshock Prices?

superhondaman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if you were riding regularly in the late 70s early eighties around about the end of the long era of dominance enjoyed by Spanish trials bike manufacturers? If so you will have seen that most new bikes were either Jap or Fantic, with a few isolated SWMs.....................................pretty much the same sort of bike choice thats common amongst serious twinshock riders today.

But personally as long as you dont ride a brit special in the P65 class, I think the use of more diverse twinshock machinery has to be a very good thing, and I admire anyone who chooses to ride older heavier bikes against the tricked up Yamahas, Fantics, Honda's etc that seem so common nowadays.

this is a wind up is`nt it ?

no one could spout so much crap,and make it sound like fact !!!

come on,time to own up.......

Yes it is an early one with the large drums - they would do credit to a 500cc road bike.

I didnt realise they had a following,I bought it because I thought it was worth saving,its complete and has matching numbers.Looks like its fairly original too,it has steel fork yokes etc.If anyone is really keen bring em on cos the money could go toward my Pre65 project.

I will. This next Sunday we have the second round of the classic champ. in Jaen (Andalucia) and will tell some friends about your bike, that are desperate searching for it. Let you know soon.

I will. This next Sunday we have the second round of the classic champ. in Jaen (Andalucia) and will tell some friends about your bike, that are desperate searching for it. Let you know soon.

No worries - its not going anywhere,I need to prep my Ty for next Sunday so no more time for it this week.

I wonder do you have a club locally with a class for brit specials, or do you ride against the twinshocks?

I had an excellent day out with the Midland Classic club,which i've been a member of for 32 years. 80 riders for a road trial doesn't quite back up your wishful vision that the sport is finished,i'm afraid.

Its a friendly club and i'd normally say you would be made very welcome . The club has several classes to accomodate most people. They dont,however,have a troublemakers class, which would appear to be the only one you would fit into.

Whilst you may continue to disrupt these pages (for now) ,you wont be doing the same at our club.

Guest majestyman340
I had an excellent day out with the Midland Classic club,which i've been a member of for 32 years. 80 riders for a road trial doesn't quite back up your wishful vision that the sport is finished,i'm afraid.

Its a friendly club and i'd normally say you would be made very welcome . The club has several classes to accomodate most people. They dont,however,have a troublemakers class, which would appear to be the only one you would fit into.

Whilst you may continue to disrupt these pages (for now) ,you wont be doing the same at our club.

I take it from your response that you do ride a tricked up brit special in the P65 class................ask yourself whether its better to put forward some valid points on here, or be directly involved in ruining P65 trials here in the UK?

I take it from your response that you do ride a tricked up brit special in the P65 class................ask yourself whether its better to put forward some valid points on here, or be directly involved in ruining P65 trials here in the UK?

Feels like being at an AA meet.

My "name" is Old Trials Fanatic and i ride a "tricked up brit special" (whatever that is) in the Pre65 class and i help organise Trials here in the UK.

Should i be ashamed ? :P:D:moon:

At least i walk the walk :thumbup:

I wonder if you would class my sprite as tricked up special,it has the original gas pipe quality frame,period bantam hubs,iron barrel engine.

but it does have trick forks,for your information i bought these to replace the 60`s bultaco forks which were on the bike when i got it.

the point being that competition bikes evolve down the years,if you want pure pre 65 must we all run cross ply tyres and wear belstaffs.

come on get real,people are out there every sunday riding bikes and not giving a toss who has the "best"bike

i suggest you do the same,and yes i have also been involved in running trials.

you sir,are a trouble maker,you achieve nothing but p***ing off the people who actually get involved.

from now on i refuse to read any post with your name on it

• 3 weeks later...
If it is the "big drums" Mk1 and you want to sell it, I know at least 12 persons looking for one of those bikes...... some of them even searching in the US to buy one and bring it to Spain.

Have a look at E-Bay item 180238495152, think this may help.

Thats a rare bike now-Not sure if its a MK1 or a MK2, both had big hubs. MK3 was the first with small hubs, and, more importantly, the clutch operating arm was moved to the top of the crankcase,instead of underneath the engine.

Edited by TRICKYMICKY