More Power

rev`er

Hi,

My beta is a great bike and ive just had a few things spent on it so its in good nick, but the one thing i want now is a bit more power in 1st,2nd,3rd to get up those short sharp climbs, i would like this done without buying expensive stuff....

any solutions

cheers chris

Smaller on the front or larger on the back will increase acceleration but decrese top speed, i.e. you'll run out of rev's quicker. Larger on front and smaller on back will give better top end but reduce pick up. Only change the front by one tooth. You may want to try 3-6 on the back?

Rev the thing then dump the clutch, Beta's are not short of power, are you sure you have it wide open? any bike will get up a short sharp climb, it's only the BIG long climbs where slight differences between bikes begin to show up, watch the other riders very closely and study their technique, don't be afraid to ask a good rider for advice, knowing the right way to tackle an obstacle is WAY more important than having more power on a bike that doesn't need it. :P