Trials Clutch

dye29

HY ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS I HAVE A MONTESA 4RT I JUST PURCHASED AND NOTICED CLUTCH FLUID LEAKING FROM POT NEAR LEVER SO I REPLACED IT WITH A BRAND NEW SEAL KIT THEN FULLY BLED WITH FRESH FLUID ,ALSO CHANGED GEAR OIL BUT THE CLUTCH STILL DRAGS ABIT WHEN I SAY DRAG I MEAN WHEN I PULL CLUTCH LEVER IN ITS STILL WANTING TO GO I HAVE TO TAP BRAKES TOO HEELLLP PLEASE REGARDS STE

Thats prety normal for the montesa clutch you could try lighter oil in your transmition pj1 ultra light (make sure not to stick it in the engine). what year is the bike?.if your bike is draging a lot then it could be your needing an oil change.

my bike is a 2006 and i bought a clutch master cylander for a 2010 bike cost around 30 has a bigger stroke and piston so is more efective for reduceing the drag.

Thats prety normal for the montesa clutch you could try lighter oil in your transmition pj1 ultra light (make sure not to stick it in the engine). what year is the bike?.if your bike is draging a lot then it could be your needing an oil change.

my bike is a 2006 and i bought a clutch master cylander for a 2010 bike cost around 30 has a bigger stroke and piston so is more efective for reduceing the drag.

hy ye ive just changed oil i used motul gear oil ,it is a 2005 it does have a small pot type master cylinder where do i get a large type from supose its worth a try regards ste

I've found the only oil that works will in the 4RT clutch is Elf HTX 740. Other very light gear oil or TQF is OK ,but needs to changed very regally otherwise I found it doesn't clear properly or begins to screech when the engine gets hot.

I also found that a large AJP clutch master cylinder gives an improvement.

I've found the only oil that works will in the 4RT clutch is Elf HTX 740. Other very light gear oil or TQF is OK ,but needs to changed very regally otherwise I found it doesn't clear properly or begins to screech when the engine gets hot.

I also found that a large AJP clutch master cylinder gives an improvement.

HY WHERE CAN I GET SOME ELF OIL REGARDS STE

The elf oil is good but expensive,i now use atf and don't really notice a difference from the elf.plus its dirt cheap, just change it more often.

oh great thanks ill try some what atf is it and can you buy it from ebay , one other thing any tips on putting new pistons in front caliper i did back break perfect but front one is really tite and iv already nackered one set of seals regards ste

Edited by dye29

oh great thanks ill try some what atf is it and can you buy it from ebay , one other thing any tips on putting new pistons in front caliper i did back break perfect but front one is really tite and iv already nackered one set of seals regards ste

Dexron 2 or 3 ebay has it for

Not worth it for that get your parts from pidcocks ask for a 2010 clutch master cylqnder they are cheper than older ones but better. Azk them about clutch oil i get it from them but not sure what kind it is but its good stuff like and not that expensive.