coil needed

turps

I am getting close finishing the rebuild of my TL320 and have just found out that the coil is no good. After a quick look through the net the only prices that I could find were way too expensive, does anyone know if coils from any other bikes will do the same job. TY coils are less than

Not tried Martin as yet Ross just had a quick look through the net to get a general idea of the price and was surprised by the cost of the ones that were on offer, however they might not have been suitable for an engine as old as mine, just wondered if any other coil would do as price and avaliability are better if the TY ones are compatible. Thanks again Ross

Turps,i have an old HT Coil which i know sparks from the red and white 125 engine swm going spare,if you find out if there the same coil as the 320 get back to me.

Hi. The coil on a 125 is different to the 320.....125 is electronic ignition/320 is points. The coil you need is a Bosch 2 spade connector (black in colour)...I dont have any at the moment unfortunately.

Cheers

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ross, I've managed to source one from America brand new, theres some on ebay that are new old stock from a Can Am skidoo that are the exact same as the SWM ones, if you search under bosch coil and look at the international sellers you should find them if you need one. James