gotta have a bit of a rant

weemo1rush

Hi and sorry straight off .

Just scrolling through some of the post i noticed that alot of people read posts but dont write anything or reply as such

Now i understand that there is a variety of knowledge on here , but i cant belive out of 1 post and more than 254 views only 1 reply was evident. I know i have only been a member for a few weeks , but i am a memeber of another forum for my car and this does not happen . sometimes it takes a mod to promt but does get anwsers.

now im not really sure i have a point , but i thought the hole idea was to have a forum where like minded people come on and post problems and also help or just give advice to others . doesnt seem to be the case here. It feels like a dead forum.

does anybody agree or am i just being annoying?

regards dave

Well i'm new here and to be honest i'd rather get a few genuine informative replies to a technical question rather than a load of guesses from multiple replies. I've have great input to all my posts.

If you are expecting a lot of replies to your project post i wish you good luck with it but anyone riding a bike more than about ten years old is riding a constant project anyway. My 02 bike has required quite a few parts already and with the nature of the sport stuff gets battered and requires attention. The trials guys just seem to get on with it and not make a drama because lets face it you have to be a bit hands on already and be prepared to do the work to keep it cheap. Don't mistake it for a stand offish response. There is probably less hot air than you are used to on the forum but the information and help is there.

Get running and do a trial and you will find folk bending over backwards to help you out.

No offence intended,

Dodge

Well just my view . no i dont cliam to know everything but if i can help anybody with and advice from my expeirence then i will. i just scrolled through and saw alot of posts with no replies. .

perhaps im trying to compaire this smaller forum to the larger ones im part of

Rant over ta

If I read a post and I have something helpful to offer.......I will respond at length. I don't reply if I can't offer any helpful advice. A large number of posts that I read are in hopes of learning something useful - I am somewhat new to the sport and there are very few people in my area that ride trials.

When I post an issue I would much rather hear from someone that has experience and knows what can help me. Getting bad information from someone that is just guessing could be worse than not getting any respone - as it could send you down the wrong path while looking for a solution. I am a member of a forum that deals with chainsaws, and lots of people are willing to offer their uninformed opinions and give bad advice on that forum. I think this site is much better apt to give good and correct advice.....when it is given.

Well just my view . no i dont cliam to know everything but if i can help anybody with and advice from my expeirence then i will. i just scrolled through and saw alot of posts with no replies. .

perhaps im trying to compaire this smaller forum to the larger ones im part of

Rant over ta

Alongside TC, I built and have been helping run the Subaru Impreza Drivers Club website for a number of years now and car sites are a totally different mentality. For starters they like to fight far more :rotfl: With some of them it's any excuse to start a scrap :rolleyes: There also seemed to be this obsession with "post count" for a long time (to the extent I removed it from their user profiles). It was like the more you post, the more popular you must be instead of the reality that the more you post the more of a gobs***e you actually are! ;) So, you'd end up with topics with dozens of replies and not one of them relevant to whatever the topic was about in the first place!

I like the way TC is. It may not be as active as car forums, but there is very little trouble or trolling on here and as has been proven on many, many occasions, there is a vast wealth of knowledge. :thumbup:

I am a member of a forum that deals with chainsaws, and lots of people are willing to offer their uninformed opinions and give bad advice on that forum. I think this site is much better apt to give good and correct advice.....when it is given.

No problem, we can handle chainsaws too. This one I built for my Brother to use in the Lumberman competitions in Northern California: outer cylinder built up to allow larger intake ports, dual pumper carbs, special expansion chamber and Nitromethane fuel.

Jon, "I love the smell of Nitromethane in the morning, it smells like victory"......:)

post-2532-001979200 1285975231.jpg

Edited by JSE

We are lucky here. The noise police haven't cottoned onto chainsaw racing yet so our racing chainsaws look like the one in the photo except there are no end mufflers on the chambers. The chainsaw racing is easily the most popular thing at our local (rural) show - all the bogans (me included) come out to watch

Funny thing is the competitors have ear muffs and safety visors but the juiced-up spectators 10 feet away dont have to wear any PPE at all