Just made a discovery

thespikeyone

Well then,

I have just stripped the bike to give it a service and found this schrader valve at the bottom of the shock under the plastic cover. I have never seen this on any sorpa before has anyone else???

I bought the bike off one of birketts riders a few months ago, is this one of his mods??? what pressure should it be set too????

Any info would be great.

post-4006-091561900 1285951905.jpg

post-4006-031686300 1285951857.jpg

Hmm...not a good idea on a Scorpa.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that is right in the firing line from the back tyre? :blink:

It is in line with the back wheel, but I have removed a carbon effect cover that was fitted to the bottom of the shock to protect it.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone did you a huge favor when they had that installed. Your shock is now rebuildable. No need to Be concerned with it until your shock needs to be serviced again. If you ride often change the oil in the shock at least once a year. 150 PSI nitrogen gas should work fine. Make sure the cap is tight so it will not vibrate loose.

Edited by Liviob

Someone did you a huge favor when they had that installed. Your shock is now rebuildable. No need to Be concerned with it until your shock needs to be serviced again. If you ride often change the oil in the shock at least once a year. 150 PSI nitrogen gas should work fine. Make sure the cap is tight so it will not vibrate loose.

how do you change the oil????

cheers for the pressure willl check and recharge if reqd.