Which Plug for Cota 348

sunny

I bought a set of plugs for the Cota Project based on the old ones. The parts guy said that it had been replaced/updated. The "new" ones do not have removable screw off tops, which is required for my plug cap. What are you guys using?

Sept22010049.jpg

Sunny

The bike came with the bag it is mounted to the headlight hardware. I have seen these military style bags on trials bike around here so that you could have some premix oil and spares/tools for longer weekend trail rides.

I have three opinions on plugs. This bike has a problem as you might recall no kick start or counterweight fly wheel. Would a hotter spark help with bump/push starting? I will fix the problems properly when I get a hold of the parts and the $ to do it. It must have run despite these problems with the clues I have found while cleaning it up.

Sunny

Identifying the "best" plug is a little like selecting the "best" twinshock. Standard NGK's are great, but I've had better results over the past couple of years using Champion PowerSport 8405 plugs in my 348 Cota's. Here is what Champion says about the PowerSport plugs.

"Champion PowerSport spark plugs are designed to deliver unmatched performance. These plugs are specifically engineered to increase power and reduce fouling in PWCs, snowmobiles, motorcycles and ATVs. These high performance plugs provide more power for quicker acceleration and less fouling providing faster throttle response. Champion's technology offers a variety of innovative features including the increased bore volume between the shell and the core nose to promote better scavenging of deposits that cause fouling. The Champion-developed Mag Suppressor controls damaging RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) without reducing ignition performance. Projecting the core nose past the shell results in reduced misfire and more stable combustion. The Champion exclusive copper core ground electrode runs over 200