Clutch kit from Beta

vgstef

Any body have any feedback from the Clutch kit from beta Part number AB-80028. This kit is suppose to give better clutch feeling ( smoother feel).

Thank you

Eric

they are great and well worth it for the average rider.

i spent the two hours doing the clutch mod and it made no real difference to my 2010 290 evo.

i spent the two hours doing the clutch mod and it made no real difference to my 2010 290 evo.

Did you have a problem before you started? Or, were you just trying to make a good clutch better?

Read a recent article, not Beta specific, but clutch on baskets in general, that mentioned waiting until after a problem develops, to do the mod. A key point was that after a problem develops, you will find divots on the basket, where the plates have sort of hammered, and hardened, the bottom of the divots. You then file down to those low points, but not into them, so that you leave the hardened material in place. In the end, you basket is then tougher, but you have filed away the natural ramps that used to lead down to the hardened low point.

Did you have a problem before you started? Or, were you just trying to make a good clutch better?

Read a recent article, not Beta specific, but clutch on baskets in general, that mentioned waiting until after a problem develops, to do the mod. A key point was that after a problem develops, you will find divots on the basket, where the plates have sort of hammered, and hardened, the bottom of the divots. You then file down to those low points, but not into them, so that you leave the hardened material in place. In the end, you basket is then tougher, but you have filed away the natural ramps that used to lead down to the hardened low point.

My clutch was good to start with but I did feel an improvement with stiction when left for a week so i am not saying it was a waste of time per se just not worth it for the gain.

Note here that I had 5 shercos on the trot and they all had to be very carefully started, ie open space!!

My clutch was good to start with but I did feel an improvement with stiction when left for a week so i am not saying it was a waste of time per se just not worth it for the gain.

Note here that I had 5 shercos on the trot and they all had to be very carefully started, ie open space!!

My Sherco clutch has not stuck after setting for months on end now, but I took far too much time and put a diagonal groove / in each and every pad on every plate(along with the other polishing) with the needle file.

About three small swipes on each, then move on. What a pain! Seems to work though.

they are great and well worth it for the average rider.

After the clutch on my 290 EVO became more and more grabby I performed the pinned clutch mod to the fiber plates and noticed a very large difference in clutch engagement smoothness. I also added 3mm thick hex key bolt washers to the clutch spring bolts. I had to remove the cross hatch from inside the clutch cover so the bolts would clear. I also lowered the oil level to 425cc's using GM auto trac 2 transmission oil. The clutch feel is now superb. The only issue i have with the clutch now is that the engagement throw has become longer. I orderd a beta red clutch slave cylinder to shorten the engagement throw.

Edited by Liviob