Don't know so I

ishy

The internet is your friend... :hl:

The Scott Trial began in 1914 when Alfred Angas Scott, inventor and founder of the Scott Motorcycle Company challenged the workers at his factory to ride from the factory in Shipley through the Yorkshire Dales to Burnsall, a riverside village near Grassington. Of the 14 starters only 9 finished. The event was reintroduced after the First World War in 1919 and although Alfred Scott died in 1923[2] the event continued to be run by the Scott workers until 1926.[1]

The Bradford and District Motor Club then took over the management of the event and moved the start and finish to Blubberhouses, a small village in the borough of Harrogate in North Yorkshire. In 1938 the land was owned by the Leeds Waterworks Authority which decided not to allow motorcycle trials on their property, so the trial was moved again to Swainby, on the north western corner of the North York Moors National Park in Cleveland and control was taken over by the Middlesbrough and Stockton Motor Clubs.[1]

Wikipedia normally has the answers :beer:

Thanks for the info Tricks, shamed to have lived so close and not known very much about it.

Not too sure about the wickid peddler though, once this type of info was passed on by the old stalwarts or big John on here, soon we won't have to say owt, all you need to know is just a click away, well bar the likes of me that is, still can't figure out why you have to click start to turn this bloody thing off :unsure:

Another famous trial that heralds from a famous 'Lancashire Lad' is ''THE CURRAN CUP''

Its a Loooooooong distance road based trial, no markers on the road so a good knowledge of the area or a 'Road Map' is required? :rotfl::rotfl::moon:

Another famous trial that heralds from a famous 'Lancashire Lad' is ''THE CURRAN CUP''

Its a Loooooooong distance road based trial, no markers on the road so a good knowledge of the area or a 'Road Map' is required? :rotfl::rotfl::moon:

You would of thought with all the interest in the Thursday Morar extension pioneered by senior where the Kine'll is he off too now has brought about, the SSDT committee would have added it for the 100th running of the event.

Thanks for the info Tricks, shamed to have lived so close and not known very much about it.

Not too sure about the wickid peddler though, once this type of info was passed on by the old stalwarts or big John on here, soon we won't have to say owt, all you need to know is just a click away, well bar the likes of me that is, still can't figure out why you have to click start to turn this bloody thing off :unsure:

:D well we're all here to help ishy. To be honest i didn't know why it was called the Scott trial either ;)

So now we both know, and we can pretend that we've always known when explaining it to future youth.. wouthout the mention of wikipiddly :D

Edited by tricks

:D well we're all here to help ishy. To be honest i didn't know why it was called the Scott trial either ;)

So now we both know, and we can pretend that we've always known when explaining it to future youth.. wouthout the mention of wikipiddly :D

I had this one mate who was going to send me the history of the Scott video,don't know what happened to it, must of got left at a bake sale or summat.

You would of thought with all the interest in the Thursday Morar extension pioneered by senior where the Kine'll is he off too now has brought about, the SSDT committee would have added it for the 100th running of the event.

Maybe they have and I bet if that daft buggar was riding he would turn left down to 'Pipers'??